Wanted 1HZ Cylinder Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The results of mine came back with hairline cracks, so I'm looking for a new/used head, ideally already pressure checked and loaded. Right now all I can find are bare heads. Shipping would be to the Twin Cities. Truck is a '91 HZJ77, btw.

Thanks,
-Tim

Also curious if any other heads are interchangeable on the 1HZ that might be an upgrade. I can't really find much info in that regard. I know the 1HD head requires converting the fuel lines to direct injection, etc. Anything easier than that?

I'd look out for a complete 1HDT to swap in instead, a head and everything else associated assuming you're doing the install yourself will be upwards of 2500, which is close to half of what a complete 1HDT will cost. Plus you don't know what else may be wrong with it.

Agreed. I know my old 280z could use heads from a 240, 260 or 300zx as a direct bolt on. Was hoping maybe there was something similar, but I’ll still take a 1hz head if someone has one.

@beno
Any chance you have access to a 1hz head? I’ve tried multiple people on here as well as companies in CA and AU and can’t seem to get a response from anyone except China. I’m waiting to hear back from Noordeman in Perth, AU about a complete head which will be about $1,700 + shipping. Otherwise my only other current option (besides going to Toyota which I imagine will be the most expensive) is this, which is ridiculously cheap, which makes me nervous. https://m.dhgate.com/product/comple...17010-11101/402234550.html?invitorid=eQvU3y93

@beno
Any chance you have access to a 1hz head? I’ve tried multiple people on here as well as companies in CA and AU and can’t seem to get a response from anyone except China. I’m waiting to hear back from Noordeman in Perth, AU about a complete head which will be about $1,700 + shipping. Otherwise my only other current option (besides going to Toyota which I imagine will be the most expensive) is this, which is ridiculously cheap, which makes me nervous. https://m.dhgate.com/product/comple...17010-11101/402234550.html?invitorid=eQvU3y93

I responded to your email already. did you not receive it?

Damn! Sorry, I didn’t see it - would you mind resending? It may have been inadvertently deleted.

Maybe double check your email, I sent you a reply about getting one 7/2.

Also curious if any other heads are interchangeable on the 1HZ that might be an upgrade. I can't really find much info in that regard. I know the 1HD head requires converting the fuel lines to direct injection, etc. Anything easier than that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom