Builds 1hz 80 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys just showing of my 80 build. She started life as a stock 1990 3f 80. I put 2 inch springs under her and just drove it. Needed start ya bastard just to get going and was like that for about 6 months lol.

I ended up finding an old 80 that had been sitting in a paddock for about 10 years and got it cheap. Took it home and cleaned out the fuel and jumped it started up fine. We parked it in the bottom shed and stated striping it to swap everything in to the 3f gxl 80.

I removed the engine, wireing harness, fuel tanks and lines, brake lines, engine mounts, clutch line, fuel solenoids and a bunch of stuff I can't remember lol.

When the engine was out I rebuilt the motor. We fitted upgraded turbo parts to the 1hz but when I got the head checked they found cracks. I went looking for a replacement head but found a complete engine on gumtree that had ran dry. Came with a turbo as well. Fitted that head fitted the turbo bolted the engine back in with a new clutch and drove it for 10k

image.jpeg

Turbo engine rebuild kit

image.jpeg

Engine I got off gumtree

image.jpeg

Engine rebuilt

image.jpeg

Moving under her own steam

After lots of over heating and running warm I spoke to a tuning shop and was told she would be running to rich I fitted up the grunter extreme and a 4 inch snorkel. She was still running warm and at 20k she blew the coolant out and spat the head gasket.

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Love the cross country intercooler...(I'm biased!)

drove her for 20000kms and got a new 12mm boost compensatered pump. Just before we were about to fit the pump the harmonic balancer came lose and destroyed the crank so out came the motor and fitted a new crank and fitted the new fuel pump and injectors re fitted the motor and away we went.

image.jpeg

New exhaust as the eBay cheapy would hit the chassis

image.jpeg

Engine fitted. Only had the Xxi box for 5000kms as they leak

image.jpeg

New radiator fitted. Need the best cooling when going for big power.

image.jpeg

Quick run up the drive way to make sure everything is good.

How'd you go fitting the 12mm pump, im trying to do it to my 1hz and it wont fireb:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom