1HDT stalled and won’t start. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am relatively new to diesel cruisers and ran into an issue that left me stranded on the way into work today.

The rig is an FJ62 with a 1HDT swap. I changed the fuel filter, following the FSM instructions. I installed it dry and pumped the primer for a while, it never seemed to increase in firmness. The first startup was a little rough but smoothed out within a few seconds. When I got about a mile from home it stalled and would just crank.

I tried the hand primer some more, still nothing. Pulled the filter and it was full of diesel. I pulled the fuel line going into the IP and pumped with only a slight bit of diesel coming out of hose. Should it be a hefty squirt?

Cracked open the lines to the injectors and cranked it and barely got any fuel.

The obvious would be a failed hand primer but would this cause what I described? Most everything is new/rebuilt within the past year.

CA43DB73-7B18-4F67-83D6-C50A928438BF.jpeg

Yes!
Air is sucked in and ip is fuel starved.
Try drinking through a cracked straw.
If you're stuck, bypass the filter, I like to carry a clear length of hose just in case and for troubleshooting.

Fixed. It ended up being that my fuel solenoid wire was broken. Fixed the wire and it fired right up.
Glad it was that simple!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom