1HDT Pressure Switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone confirm function of these two pressure switches that run off the intake on the 1HDT? I think one is for the turbo boost light in the dash. What's the second one for? I can't seem to track them down in my wiring diagram.

fba272514118489a7fd6abce22ef8739.jpg

FE8A40E1-7E1C-4AFA-BE24-F8D4113EED29.jpg

I thought maybe. You'd think one switch could do that...

So no reason not to delete them then. I'm increasing boost so they would not read correctly anyway. Maybe I'll turn the overboots light into a Glow plug light or something...

Thanks

Just FYI, when I increased boost on my 1HDT I swapped those sensors over for an oil pressure sensor from a different model car. Have a look on the Tridon site for part number and pressures. Basically you can change what pressure the green/red light come on for less than $50 in parts (if it’s important to you)

'90-'92 had 2 dash lights for boost and overboost like @Douglas S has stated above, '93+ HDJ's have only one dash light for overboost.

IIRC if you just remove them/leave an open circuit one of the boost lights stays on constantly which was annoying to me especially at night. Don't remember how I fixed it off the top of my head, I think when I replaced dash lights with LEDs I disconnected the light at the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom