1hdt and 1hz injector pumps... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John unless the motor is Toast they usually go with them, you can't get 8-10g for the motor without the IP!

You can talk to Akella also but I can't imagine they are cheap.

RE: ATEB, I doubt they got some kicking around either.... They have one as a spare and to test with but I think that's it.

Apparently when you rebuild these with the injectors you gotta match all your numbers up to the pump to make sure you got all your setting right, John has a few pictures of lances truck getting worked on in Malaysia.

No, but motors often get broken down as well, especially if they have any damage.

True... I have only seen a HZ pump since I've owned my LC, but at the same time I'm not really looking for them.

Yeah there where thousands more 1HZ cruiser imported to BC if not more.

You mean 1HD-Ts.

BTW, I checked out Precision Engines in Australia. Usually they are pretty well priced. No fuel injection parts. But damn, the parts for that engine are not cheap. Over $32 Aus per glow plug? I know the two stage injectors are more expensive but hell a glow plug is a just a very low tech heating element.

No i had it right the first time.

Almost every mine in BC through the maritimes used 1HZ power 70 series for the better part of 20+ years.

Order your glow plugs off rock auto or out of the states.
Get your pump and injectors done together.
I honestly would send my pump and such to someone other than Fred Holmes.
Do the Aussie route or get them done in Alberta.

No i had it right the first time.

Almost every mine in BC through the maritimes used 1HZ power 70 series for the better part of 20+ years.

True but how many of the Ens Industrial Land Cruisers make it beyond the mine gates except for being on the back of a scrap metal truck. The parts available from scraped 1HZs mine trucks are a drop in the bucket compared to the parts available from road registered 1HD-Ts in the 81s. I know of a just about 6 of them in all of BC. On a normal day I will see about that number of 81s in Abbotsford - more if I drive past a certain dealership. :D

My point still stands there where thousands more 1HZ's imported to canada than 1HD's. For retail consumers yes lots more 1HD's bit in response to your original point there are far more 1HZ in BC. It also stands to reason that finding a 1HZ pump maybe easier than a 1HD because almost all 1HD's are sold complete good or bad.

I still think getting a rebuilt pump out of OZ is the best way for the OP to go, just read the fine print they may not give you the core $$ back if its not rebuildable.

So is it the same for the later model 1hz pumps that come with a boost compensator fitted from factory.

Why would a 1HZ pump have a boost compensator fitted?

Sure you don't mean altitude compensator?

If it were my money putting out for a new pump housing and internals,I would be getting the 14 mm plunger and dist. Head to justify the $2g plus for sure.

Exactly an extra 400 plus shipping . No brainer for the upgrade ,especially if you've already hit the fuel limit wall.

Western Turbo or ??

western turbo,
the little tap on the inside of the ACSD broke n fellin the pump,causes wear between the housing n the moving part of the pump,lots of aluminium fillings everywhere,no power,tried cleaning the little filter under the fuel shutoff solenoid still no power.
remove your ACSD if you haven't done it yet.
simon

l saw you the other day on waverley your truck put out lots of black smoke when acc n shifting

Simon,
There has been some success back flushing the IP if caught early, otherwise you will have to open it up.
In my case a new cam was all I needed, luckily found that part for $80.00 it is the one thing you cannot use from a 1Hz.

Search an old ACSD thread

western turbo,
the little tap on the inside of the ACSD broke n fellin the pump,causes wear between the housing n the moving part of the pump,lots of aluminium fillings everywhere,no power,tried cleaning the little filter under the fuel shutoff solenoid still no power.
remove your ACSD if you haven't done it yet.
simon

l saw you the other day on waverley your truck put out lots of black smoke when acc n shifting

My ACSD is long gone. I checked it some time after removing it to ensure there were no pieces broken off. It was all intact.

I'm having some clutch issues and will sometimes take off in 2nd gear. This results in a pretty good smoke screen behind me. Otherwise, my fuel is turned up just a hair too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom