1hdt and 1hz injector pumps... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's the difference between the two? I have a dead 1hdt pump. That we can't seem to find parts for. But I have found a used 1hz pump. Help?

Thnx Dan

internals ..

injectors on 1HD-T have a higher breaking point, thicker fuel lines, thicker diameter plunger in the 1HD-T pump too ..

ahh noo good then... diesel shop says the housing and advance pump are shot in the 1hdt and they cant locate parts in north america

thnx man!

Not that I would know as I'm not in Canada but I figured for sure some of the lower mainland shops would be able to help.

One can be bought out of Australia easy enough ready to go on an exchange basis.

1hz pump on a 1hd-t will not work
The other way around a 1hd-t can be made to work on a 1hz with changing the injector cracking pressure and a fuel timing adjustment.

The 1hz pump plunger is 10mm while the 1hdt is 12mm. 12mm pumps 40% more fuel than the 10mm.

x2 on 1HZ pump being no good.

I tried fitting a 1HZ pump to a 1HD-T to keep it on the road. It ran like a wooly goat, it barely ran the timing was all wrong as well as lack of fuel.

Pretty sure the housing is identical and all you need to do is subsitute the correct internal components for timing of injectors, when mine was apart the only major difference between hz and 1hdt was the timing cam.
The body part number is: 22101-54260

What do you need????

Fred Holmes Fuel Injection in BC has the parts. The Oz route would probably be cheaper, not quicker.

You can get anything shipped quick.

Denco diesel, united fuel injection and HiFlo would probably be the shops to contact.

So is it the same for the later model 1hz pumps that come with a boost compensator fitted from factory.

Hi Dan,whats wrong with your pump,i had one rebuilt in winnipeg.

Malaysia or Oz. Or take your chances locally.

The 1hz pump plunger is 10mm while the 1hdt is 12mm. 12mm pumps 40% more fuel than the 10mm.

Yes, it is a direct swap into the pump on the Nissan TD4.2. It's a very common upgrade. Despite saying DENSO on the pump, it is still a common Bosch VE pump. Any Bosch certified shop should be able to get parts. The problem with his pump is the replacement parts would cost more to rebuild than to buy a rebuilt one.

You can get anything shipped quick.

Denco diesel, united fuel injection and HiFlo would probably be the shops to contact.

Yes. Hiflo can have one to you in a few days. Rebuilt one from there with warranty for the TD4.2 was just under $1300. You can't get a local shop to open one up and just replace seals for that price.

Dan, have you checked all the wreckers? I've a hard time believing with all the 81s here that there isn't one being parted out somewhere in BC. But even if you find a used one, you are going to want to have it opened up and rebuilt. Otherwise, you have no idea of the condition and could find yourself right back where you are now.

Have you got a price from Dave at Japan4x4 or Mark at BraveAuto?

After seeing the locally rebuild injection pumps run I would be getting one out of OZ or somewhere else that knows what they are doing with them not Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom