1FZ Denso fuel injector depinning advice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi all,

I'm looking for tips, tricks and other advice for depinning the Denso fuel injector connectors on the 1FZ. I sent my injectors out for service, and have a fresh set of connectors to go on in place of my 300k mile brittle ones. I see that there is a white center lock that needs to be pulled out, and I presume that there is a little plastic locking tab for each of the pins (although I can't see it with my old eyes). I have okay depinning tools but may need to customize a tool to be thin enough to bend the tab out of the way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4731.jpeg
IMG_4732.jpeg

Pull the white piece out completely
The metal terminal has a tab on it that locks into the housing.
Push the terminal/wire into the housing a touch more to take pressure off the tab.
Slip a flat, thin blade de-pinning tool into the housing to disengage the tab. I think, on the side the white retainer is on.
Get the de-pinning tool in the right location they come out easy.

Hi all,

I'm looking for tips, tricks and other advice for depinning the Denso fuel injector connectors on the 1FZ. I sent my injectors out for service, and have a fresh set of connectors to go on in place of my 300k mile brittle ones. I see that there is a white center lock that needs to be pulled out, and I presume that there is a little plastic locking tab for each of the pins (although I can't see it with my old eyes). I have okay depinning tools but may need to customize a tool to be thin enough to bend the tab out of the way. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 3575690View attachment 3575692

Apologies for going off-topic, but how are those JR Ready depinning tools? I mostly make due with dental picks, but it might be nice to have the right stuff.

Thank you. Pulling out the tab completely made a big difference. The plastic seems to have lost a lot of elasticity, and many of the tabs aren't bending, so I have destructively removed them.

Yes, they are JR Ready tools and they're pretty okay. Definitely much better than the last set I had of universal depinning tools that were super flexy and cheap. I'm frugal, but one day I really should invest in a full set of quality asian import pin tools. I only use them infrequently, so often fashion shop made tools or use picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom