For Sale 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary Edition Fully Built Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Located in Golden, CO 80403 $16,000

This was a MUD members I found for a friend of mine when he moved to CO, in 2012, it came out of NC and has 0-1% rust on it. You can tell by the list it was done right. I'm listing this for my friend, I took it out last weekend to Chinaman Gulch http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=1 to give it a run through, passed with flying colors and no issues idled/walked pretty much the whole trail, it's rated a 7, only used lockers once or twice pulled out a few jeeps. HG was done at 177K currently at 248K

Here is my Craigslist listing.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser - 40th Anniversary Edition in Sage Green.
Two tone leather seats - 3 rows for 7 passengers

This Land Cruiser has been extremely well maintained and built. Full armor, 37's, 4.88's etc. etc.
If you are looking to hit Cruise Moab or any trail in Colorado this rig needs nothing. I did Chinaman Gulch this weekend and pretty much idled the whole trail with no problems at all and drove 70mph there and back with no vibrations or wobbles at all.
Factory Front and Rear Electric Lockers (no air compressor like ARB's) with Center diff lock switch so you can lock all lockers in high range also.

Gearing/Tires
Yukon 4.88 Ring and Pinion
Slee Off-Road Double Cardan Front Drive Shaft
U-Joints: Front Spicer 1310, Rear Toyota OEM
Rebuilt Birfields w/ Marlin Crawler Axle Seals
6 x BFG KM2's 37's 345/75/16

Armor
ARB Front Bumper with Warn M12K lb winch, Syn line
4x4 Labs rear bumper with swing out - tire carrier and High Lift Jack
Metal Tech Sliders
Iron Pig Off Road Skid Plate
Slee E-locker actuator guards - Front and Rear
Slee AC dryer skid plate

Lift
6" Slee spring lift -
Slee Off-Road Front Control Arms
Man-a-Fre Rear Control Arms
Man-a-Fre Front and Rear Adjustable Panhards
Upgraded HD Rear Swaybar Endlinks
BudBuilt Relay Rod, Tie Rod, Tie Rod Ends
Old Man Emu Steering Damper
Frankie's Offroad Rear Bump Stops Extensions
Frankie's Offroad Front Swaybar Drop Blocks
Slee-Off Road Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Extended Differential Breather Lines
Bilstien 5100 Offroad Shocks

Electrical
New head unit and speakers - Pioneer AVHP8400 DVD Receiver, Alpine MRX-F30 4 Channel 600Watt Amp, Polk Audio 2way 6.5" Components, Polk Audio 6.5" Coaxials
Remote Start, Alarm, Glass Break Sensor, Tilt Sensor
Depo Headlight Assemblies - 3" Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit
Dual Batterys - Optima Red Tops with Marine Switch
Dual Electric fans - 1 Radiator, 1 Tranny cooler
Cobra CB
Integrated Scan Gauge for accurate coolant temps etc.

Maintenance
Long list of maintenance from several previous owners
All fluids replaced less than 1000 miles ago. Syn engine oil, Transmission fluid, Front and Rear Diff, T-case, Toyota Red coolant.
Head Gasket was replaced and new valve seals were installed also. Cylinder walls looked new. These engines will run forever.
Brakes were done last year less than 10,000 miles ago.
Upgraded Toyota 3 row brass radiator

All but driver Factory carpets, 2 sets of keys, Husky liner floor mats
Clean and Clear title
$16,000 OBO
May be interested in a trade for a stock or close to stock 100 series land cruiser, GX470, 4Runner. Looking to do more overland exploring and less rock crawling.

Last edited:
Lets talk

I would consider a trade for an 80, but it would have to be stellar. This one is nice, but I'm looking for something with less mods.

Last edited:
Any questions about the build or maintanence prior to the current owner, let me know, that was my baby build previously!

-Drew

Thanks for the offer Drew. I have had a few questions I couldn't answer. PHH was changed and water pump?

Thanks for the offer Drew. I have had a few questions I couldn't answer. PHH was changed and water pump?

PHH yes of course with the HG at 177k.
Water Pump No, these are not problematic on the 1FZ-FE.

Let me know if you need anything.

If this hasn't sold by the time I move to CO around late July (or possibly sooner) I'd love to come see it.

Rear flairs were removed by the 37's during drew's ownership. I'm not going to remove the fronts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom