1997 HDJ81 with a 1HD-FTE??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't some 97's come with the FTE? If so how do you tell? I see some have the newer interior like the 100's but not all, is that the give away? (No "oh-s**t" handle on the dash in front of the passenger)

Thanks
James

No ,the 1HD FTE didnt arrive until 99/2000 depending on which countyr you are in. They were only available in the 78/79/100 series and possibly the Coaster bus for a short while.
The last of the 80 series had the 1HD FT which was available from 95-98?

Engine type is usually stamped on a plate on the firewall but toyota seemed to have moved it to somewhere else in recent years.

Didn't the 100 series have the FTE right from its inception in Japan in 98? I know in Australia it didn't get the FTE until 2000.

I was nlooking in the parts manual and it seems you are correct but AFAIK ,Australian models always had the 1HD FTE.
Some countries seemed to have skipped the 1HD FT and kept using the 1HD T until they got the 1HD FTE

Didn't the 100 series have the FTE right from its inception in Japan in 98? I know in Australia it didn't get the FTE until 2000.

Yes it did. 1998 builds AFAIK are early 99MY vehicles.
Some other country (might have been in south america) got the 100 series with the 1HD-T. I have no idea why.

Yes it did. 1998 builds AFAIK are early 99MY vehicles.
Some other country (might have been in south america) got the 100 series with the 1HD-T. I have no idea why.

Many countries with harsh climates and dodgy fuel and slacker emission laws kept the older engines for added reliability (no electronics to worry about). This is why many still come out with the 1hz and Patrols with td42s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom