1995 Landcruiser. All electrics work. Won’t even click to turn over. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 95 landcruiser and it s been running great. Drive it first thing this am and no problems. Just went leave and all electrics came on but won’t even even click to turn over….grrrrrr. Nothing. Have to leave right now and when I get back plan on checking all the fuses. Checked the battery and initial volts was 11.3ish and after several failed attempts and double checking electrics volts was 10.6ish. Thinking it may be starter if fuses check out Not sure right now. Just upset cause I have to leave for a class. 🤦‍♂️ Any insight would be appreciated. TIA

11.3V is a flat battery. 10.6V to fully discharged.

Either your alternator died and the battery has been discharging and is now flat or the battery has failed - they (sla batteries) do that, work fine and next time you try to start they are dead.

Get a jump start, if it fires up then you can measure voltage across the battery and see if the alternator is putting out >14V.

Report back.

cheers,
george.

I had disconnected the positive before I left for class. So just Jumped the LC and this is what dash shows. VM shows 12.56. And rechecked 5 minutes later at 12.3 v. Engine is sputtering and volts with engine off is 12.3 Gonna get a new battery and clean all the terminals.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Need to learn to check the alternator as well. Seems like it should keep battery charged unless battery is so old it won’t keep charge I’m guessing. I’m Still learning electrical

according to your picture looks like the alternator is charging. how old is the battery? might be good to throw on some new brushes on the alternator while you are doing all that.

With the battery disconnected for a bunch of hours, the ECU will take a little time and a few start/stop cycles to 'relearn' and get back to a happy idling RPM.

Battery looks old and as per above, how old is it? Have you popped the cover and checked the levels of each cell. A battery hydrometer would tell you the state of each cell as well.

cheers,
george.

Blyme that battery looks pre-9/11.
Suspect it's been run dry...or near to for long enough, should really just pronounce it and replace.
As PM if nothing else.
Also recommend dumping the lead neg(-) terminal. Get a terminal like the positive one, cut off the lead sinker, and crimp a new ring lug onto the neg(-) lead.

90982-06022 - $12
Amazon product ASIN B07DT1XNZP
But only if you have the right tools to make a proper crimp. If not, go to Aut0z0ne and get a pre-made lead with ring terminals on both ends.
$35 tops (plus new battery).

Last edited:
So I started the car and disconnected the positive cable and the car kept running. So a YouTube video said if I do this and the car runs it’s a battery. If it stalled it would have been the alternator. Going for a battery now.

Who knows how old the battery was. Couldn’t find a date. Weird how it just dies after driving it this am. So Battery changed and cleaned all the terminals for a good connection and fired right up 😀. Thanks for all the replies 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 Love this forum.

I’ll be changing the terminal ends as I get some cash and time. Been doing the same on some of my other vehicles as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom