1995 4Runner Pre-Vortec 4.3 292 swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of a pre-vortec 4.3l swap and I need to know what trans I should run. I would just run the factory 5-speed but this particular 4.3l is not a stock 262, its actually technically a 292 as it is bored .30 over and equipped with V8 pistons and rings. I am not slacking on bells and whistles either so this thing should be somewhat of a snorter. I would like to keep the 4wd and really don't want to add transfer cases to anything. Anybody have any ideas? I know there are some genius minds in here. I'm counting on you guys haha.

Stock 5spd will survive if you go easy on the throttle. Bellhousing as an adapter is what you need. Motor mounts and exhaust will need to be looked at closely for the right stuff prior to starting. Study up.

I actually already did that homework and have swap headers, the right motor mounts and the bell housing adapter. What I really need to know now I guess is what clutch I'm going to need to build for it. I know it'll end up having to be frankensteined to a certain degree too, right?

Stock 5spd will survive if you go easy on the throttle. Bellhousing as an adapter is what you need. Motor mounts and exhaust will need to be looked at closely for the right stuff prior to starting. Study up.
I actually already did that homework and have swap headers, the right motor mounts and the bell housing adapter. What I really need to know now I guess is what clutch I'm going to need to build for it. I know it'll end up having to be frankensteined to a certain degree too, right?

I used a A/A disc. Pressure plate should be GM. Kit should be available from A/A. May have issues with clutch slave cylinder. A/A sells a TLC slave that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom