1994-o2 sensors seized in exhaust(code26), needs new exhaust. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had intermittent code 26 on my 94. Zero evidence to support this, but the only thing I did different was pour in some of the techron additive. Once that was out and I had normal chevron gas (with pouring in the little bottle), code 26 cleared.

Mine were welded into the exhaust system so I'm in a similar position

ya, there arent too many aftermarket options that will bolt up. could always go back to stock or have someone weld new bungs into the current exhaust that you have. to have someone cut and weld in new bungs may be in the 200-300 range for labor and parts cheaper that buying a new exhaust

This is how did it on my '94.

Seems fine now but painting the muffler with muffler paint was probably a waste of time. The primer is still on, but I wish it would have been stainless rather than aluminized steel. It fit perfectly though.

1994 Exhaust questions.

no it will not set a code, the o2 sensors are for fuel trim only. cat monitor is taken care of by the post cat sensor, our trucks dont have the

i deleted the pair system and made block off plates on the manifold. been running like that for a few months no issue.
for my current plan I purchased a MagnaFlow 23120 for a 1995+ 80. i am going to install this in place of my rusted/rattling factory cat(s). and move my O2 sensors up to the manifold, and block off the O2 sensor in front of the cat on the 23120. i will then remove the factory Y-pipe after the cats and install a section of 2/5" pipe. i figure this will clean up the area under the cruiser going from 2 cats in a box to one might help remove some heat as well. besides the last exhaust shop to work on the 80 messed up the down pipes so, kind of correcting a couple issues here. i have all the parts except for the section of pipe after the cats. hope to have this done in the next couple weeks. too many projects, not enough time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom