1994 FZJ80 ARB Lockers Metaltech OME 2.5 4.56 SoCal $6500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reason I am selling, I would like to move on and work on my FJ Cruiser. I bought this vehicle from Biff in May ’07 with 176k miles. Now it has 182k.

It has wheeled Holcomb Creek (1), John Bull (1), Gold Mtn (1), and Dishpan Springs (1), that’s all for the wheeling. Has been on dirt roads to Lytle Creek, Santa Ana River, Deep Creek, just for some fishing trips. Was used to look cool at the mountain bike trails many many times. But no extended long range trips. Trips to Costco included in the mileage. A few times to look cool at work as well.

I added Metaltech Sliders myself, the rest came from PO. I changed oil at 180k with Chevron 10/30, the oil in diffs and t-case with Mobil 1 at 180k, greased up the driveshafts with Mobil 1, changed battery to Kirkland due to dead yellow Optima.

Here is the breakdown from what I remember from the PO (he’s erased the text from original thread):

The GOOD (all work perfectly fine):
ARB air lockers fr/rr
HID lights
4.56 gears
OME 2.5” med lift with steer damper
Slee tc skid plate
Good birfs, was greased by PO, no clicking (not sure on major overhaul or not)
Does not leak oil at the usual spots, its really good at not leaking oil
New brakes
New alternator and starter
New spark plugs
New O2 sensor
AC was serviced by PO and blows cold
33” BFG All-terrains 50%
LED interior lights
CDL switch
ARB snorkel
Extended diff breathers
Uses ARB switches, but OEM locker switch is installed but not wired.
PO was very good at maintenance, I just can’t remember everything he did.
No rust from what I can tell.
New air filter OEM
Line-X at fenders
SCION radio unit with single CD player
I’ve done some easy routine maintenance

Since then the BAD:
Due to issues installing the sliders, there is a clanging of the cats on the slider’s cat guard. Really noticeable on start-up and cold day starts. After warm-up its not bad most times, except during some idling. Its not constant, but its there. Also at issue during installation of sliders was that I attempted to take off the cat shield, big mistake as one bolt would not break off. I have since drilled two holes and bolted two corners, but it looks messy. The clearance is tight regardless. I had to cut some gussets from the sliders to make it work.
Trans fluid was never changed according to PO, I contemplated for a long time about fluid exchange or what not, but never did it. Trans still shifts fine with occasional hard shift, but no slippage noticed. If you test drive, let me know what you think.
Paint obviously is rough as noticed by pictures, but no rust.
Many scratches from the trail by my driving
Two dents were from PO
Little electrical bug when OPEN/CLOSE windows, the dash warning lights flash a little sometimes.
Occasionally car alarm is finicky where the driver door must be opened first. Hasn’t done it lately but did when I first got it.

Looking for $6500. I live in Fontana, SoCal. Email preferred rexpro60@yahoo.com or PM.
IMG_5324.JPG
IMG_5325.JPG
IMG_5326.JPG

More pics
IMG_5327.JPG
IMG_5329.JPG
IMG_5331.JPG

here are some more pics
IMG_5332.JPG
IMG_5333.JPG
IMG_5334.JPG

I have more pics and can take more when necessary.
IMG_5335.JPG
IMG_5336.JPG

bump, make an offer

bump, forgot to mention that I have a clean title in hand. Just renewed DMV, expires July 2009.

bump, forgot to mention that I have a clean title in hand. Just renewed DMV, expires July 2009.

I miss the old girl. Wish I had the money and I'd buy her back from you, I spent it all on my new FJ. Free bump for you.

Also don't forget the new windshield, new exahust. also the brakes are completely replaced(calipers,rotors,pads,)

I miss the old girl. Wish I had the money and I'd buy her back from you, I spent it all on my new FJ. Free bump for you.

Also don't forget the new windshield, new exahust. also the brakes are completely replaced(calipers,rotors,pads,)

Thank you for the bump Biff. Yes I did forget to mention new windshield, completely replaced brakes, and especially the new exhaust. How could I forget that one? Its still fun to drive and take off-roading to some fishing spots. Hope someone would like to come see and make an offer. Otherwise, I am still gonna take it our for fun. Should probably hit a wheelin' trail soon.

Thank you for the bump Biff. Yes I did forget to mention new windshield, completely replaced brakes, and especially the new exhaust. How could I forget that one? Its still fun to drive and take off-roading to some fishing spots. Hope someone would like to come see and make an offer. Otherwise, I am still gonna take it our for fun. Should probably hit a wheelin' trail soon.

This Saturday a whole bunch of FJ guys are meeting up. You should come out.

still up for sale if anyone is interested. I am open to offers.

PM Sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom