Parting Out 1994 FJ80 part out or complete vehicle FEELER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I picked up a 94 80 series with the 24 valve gas engine. I mostly wanted the front and rear complete diffs for the functioning e-lockers, but as it turns out I may keep some additional parts. I want to get a feeler as to any interest in the complete vehicle before I start parting out. I have a 91 that I plan to exchange parts with on the 94 so the 94 can be a complete running vehicle. It has 223k miles on the vehicle and ran just fine driving it from the trailer to my house where it is parked. It has brand new tires and quite a few other mechanical parts that were rebuilt prior to me picking it up. I will upgrade the front housing from my 91 to the larger 94 brakes that came off of the 94 since I already had brand new larger brakes that were going under my 91. It is certainly rough in some areas so do not expect a beautiful rig, but a very good parts rig or good place to start on a rehab project.

I am looking for around $3500-4k for the complete running vehicle.

I will start a whole new thread if I decide to part it out, and probably run it like euclid ran their part out.

This is a picture from when I picked it up, I did not take a new pick before I pulled the front and rear, but you get the idea. The ACworks and blows cold air, engine seems to run just fine of course you would want to rebuild since it has 223k miles, trans appears fine as does the transfer case, interior is rough, front seats are trashed but the others are ok, power windows work except the drivers window.

Send a message with any other questions, please though, this is just a feeler for the complete vehicle and I still need to put some of it back together with some of the parts from my daily driver.
Thank you

IMG_3821 (2).PNG

I rebuilt the front axle prior to the PO listing it on eBay. Has a low mileage 3rd with all new seals, gaskets, Koyo trunion bearings and Koyo wheel bearings. Just an FYI, viscous coupler has been removed from the x-fer case. Vehicle had 3 different sized tires when it arrived at the shop. The viscous coupler seized and popped the front diff. Truck is a good runner just needs some love.

That is awesome, I could tell the front had some attention paid to it. I pulled the front and rear diffs and already got the re-gearing done. I have added a truss to the front and in tearing it down I could tell someone who cared worked on it since it is all the right parts that were used to rebuild. It is good to know why it was in getting that work done as well. It has a lot of new parts, I will definitely will be keeping a few of them for myself. It does have 4 brand new tires now, lol. It did seem to be in good mechanical shape, but did you see some of the crud inside, wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom