1990 Toyota Landcruiser Prado... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I have a 1990 Land Cruiser Prado Diesel, Japanese import. I need to replace the radiator and have purchased many other parts directly from Japan through mega zip, but there are no new radiators available. I’ve been searching and searching with no luck. Anyone have any leads on alternative radiator options that would work? Thanks in advance for any guidance or direction. Jeremy

Hi all, I have a 1990 Land Cruiser Prado Diesel, Japanese import. I need to replace the radiator and have purchased many other parts directly from Japan through mega zip, but there are no new radiators available. I’ve been searching and searching with no luck. Anyone have any leads on alternative radiator options that would work? Thanks in advance for any guidance or direction. Jeremy

Contact Dave Stedman at Japan4x4

@Japan4X4

Just phone your local rad shops for quotes on getting the original radiator rebuilt. You'll end up with a better result for the same price or possibly less. As long as the end tanks are ok, then it can be rebuilt.

Get it rebuilt with an upgraded core if you can. Go at least 2 1/4" thick.

I got mine rebuilt to four cores and it's been great: Rad Upgrade - https://photos.app.goo.gl/kFuvkohKayYNNc628

Replace your t-stat at the same time to an OEM 82C 2LTE one. It's toyota part number 16340-54040 and can be bought from partsouq, etc.

You need to state whether it is auto or manual. I would try finding one for a LJ79

I found a replacement Toyota OEM radiator at AUTO.DOC.UK for a 93 Prado

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom