eBay 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser (Rust + FJ60 front end)- Not mine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saw this one posted on here a while ago but cannot find that thread. It started on on Craigslist and was a very highly optimistic seller. I think several Mud Members sent the guy some notes concerning his price....eventually the listing went dark. I just came across it on Ebay again with same extremely optimistic asking price of a solid 3X what its probably worth.

1990 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay

Offering for sale our Toyota Landcruiser Fj62 that we drive everyday up here in Vermont. It is in pretty good shape, solid rig. Some Surface rust on the lower front apron, rust on door corners and a couple spots you will see in the photos. It’s not a show piece, but it could be, the truck is all there. I changed the front clip to a fj60 front end. It looks like a 60 but runs like a 62 and it runs awesome. Truck is all original other than the front clip with only 97k miles. It originally came from California, we got it here about 10 years ago with 80k on it. Frame is solid, Everything works as it should. Our family is growing and out growing the 62. With a little work this truck could be mint. Runs like new, turns heads everywhere.. very cool rig.

There unfortunately are A TON of highly optimistic 60 sellers out there IMO, since we're on the subject. I've never owned a "cherry" condition one with no rot or rust whatsoever- but I HAVE owned several since the early 2000s. One of which was an original-owner 1986 with just under 133k.
I've to this day never paid more than $2000 for one.
I'm seeing people ask 5k and up for rotted junk.
I'm in love with Cruisers and have owned them since the early 1990s.
The 60 is legendarily durable, but in my opinion it is a very uncomfortable vehicle to drive. I say this totally due to the seats.
Maybe if you took the factory ones out to save them for originality and put some more comfortable seats in, it'll be better but that's just my opinion.
Main point being- the prices are way off base, and I'd love to see it become more reasonable.

The one I got was $8500 and it has faded paint sun cooked. Aside from light surface rust on the frame I have not found any rot or even rust patches or bubbles on the body....which amazes me every time I am looking at it and underneath etc.

Last edited:
Ended no sale no surprise. Looked at sellers other items. All pretty optimistic prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom