1988 Trakka (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the paper gasket axle seal. Bearings and other seals are in good condition.

IMG_9892.jpg

Checked back in and I like the work you've done.

The "head unit." With the backup camera. Nice. My truck is 24v and I'd like to have something similar. Can you provide detail?

Thank you.
The head unit came with the car, it's just a Pioneer unit that has apple carplay. I would assume a 24v head unit is a thing. Check Crutchfield.
The camera is a third party for about $50, the same one Crutchfield sells. They do a nice job speccing components that work together. There are several available for about $25 on Amazon that are probably the same.

fI know this was a ways back, but @umpqua my 24v HZJ73 had a factory 24-12 converter behind the glovebox with a stereo plug, so a regular 12v stereo just plugged right in. i bet other 24v trucks have em

Unlike the Alu-cab pop top, the Trakka does not have a way to raise the sleeping platform out of the way when it's not in use. You can fold the mattress and slide the plywood pieces forward, but it's not graceful. Then I had a flash of inspiration and with old boat parts
IMG_1123.jpg
came up with a zero dollar modification that raises the back third of the platform when not in use. And the bonus, it also works while in bed to make reading more comfortable.
This works because the struts holding up the top are worn out and I have to use clamp locks.
IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

Went to Oregon the first weekend of May and got snowed on. Chilly night without a heater by lava flows near Bend.

IMG_0973-1.jpg

IMG_0983-1.jpg

Mount Adams in Washington. Lunch break, the cocktail table is one of my favorite features. Overlooking the Klickitat River at a turnout, met a local with an FJ60, didn't catch his name, he said he'd look me up here.

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Unlike the Alu-cab pop top, the Trakka does not have a way to raise the sleeping platform out of the way when it's not in use. You can fold the mattress and slide the plywood pieces forward, but it's not graceful. Then I had a flash of inspiration and with old boat partsView attachment 3027350 came up with a zero dollar modification that raises the back third of the platform when not in use. And the bonus, it also works while in bed to make reading more comfortable.
This works because the struts holding up the top are worn out and I have to use clamp locks.
View attachment 3027346

View attachment 3027352

View attachment 3027353

View attachment 3027354

Nice use of a surplus cam cleat and some rigging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom