For Sale 1987 fj60 rolling chassis/drivetrain Oregon (2 Viewers)

I am figuring out the logistics on project to swap the body of my FJ60 to a completely built from the ground up chassis that includes motor, transmission, etc etc

This will leave me with a rolling 87 FJ60 frame with a solid 2F, t-case, exhaust, axles, 33" tires....everything but the cab will be left. It's a clean title 87 with 161k on it. Other than OME leafs in the rear and OME shocks everything is stock. It is clean, no rust . The truck originated out of somewhere around Bakersfield CA and spent all its time primarily in California till around 2 yrs ago. It was a stock garage queen to an older couple that had it since new before changing hands a couple times in the last few years as a few FJ fans started updating it.

I would prefer to sell everything in one shot. I honestly don't really know where prices should land but currently I believe I would be in the following ranges. If you have some helpful pricing advice from a much longer history building Cruisers by all means help a guy out! I am not trying to get rich here - I just want what is fair so I can put it towards the current build.

Bumpers are welded to the frame and I would probably just let those go as well for minimal extra.

Right now my best estimate of value would be somewhere around $4500 based on what I see in the classifieds that have sold in the past.

IMG_0627.JPG

Snapseed.jpg

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star
A chassis with no body is a parts "vehicle". So I'd look at parting it out, or prepare to be very disappointed.

Just to toss some rough numbers:

Motor $500
Tranny/Tcase $400
Front axle $250
Rear axle $100
Frame/title $500 maybe

What you have now looks great though. Why not just LS swap it and call it good?

Or sell it and buy one with a decent body and bad mechanicals? You're going to swap stuff anyway, and the real value is in a complete running/driving truck. The one you have would fetch some $$.

Good luck with your sale though. Maybe you'll find just the right buyer who needs exactly this.

bwalker16527

1974 FJ40 SBC V8 350 TH400
Are the locking hubs OEM Aisin? If so, I will buy the front axle complete hub to hub with tie rod and steering linkages for $250. I live in Portland and can come to pickup. Let me know.

Redgrrr

I have a problem with 40s
SILVER Star
I'd feel dirty parting that 60 out and I part out a lot of parts trucks...

That's just too dang nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom