For Sale 1987 fj60 rolling chassis/drivetrain Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am figuring out the logistics on project to swap the body of my FJ60 to a completely built from the ground up chassis that includes motor, transmission, etc etc

This will leave me with a rolling 87 FJ60 frame with a solid 2F, t-case, exhaust, axles, 33" tires....everything but the cab will be left. It's a clean title 87 with 161k on it. Other than OME leafs in the rear and OME shocks everything is stock. It is clean, no rust . The truck originated out of somewhere around Bakersfield CA and spent all its time primarily in California till around 2 yrs ago. It was a stock garage queen to an older couple that had it since new before changing hands a couple times in the last few years as a few FJ fans started updating it.

I would prefer to sell everything in one shot. I honestly don't really know where prices should land but currently I believe I would be in the following ranges. If you have some helpful pricing advice from a much longer history building Cruisers by all means help a guy out! I am not trying to get rich here - I just want what is fair so I can put it towards the current build.

Bumpers are welded to the frame and I would probably just let those go as well for minimal extra.

Right now my best estimate of value would be somewhere around $4500 based on what I see in the classifieds that have sold in the past.

IMG_0627.JPG

Snapseed.jpg

A chassis with no body is a parts "vehicle". So I'd look at parting it out, or prepare to be very disappointed.

Just to toss some rough numbers:

Motor $500
Tranny/Tcase $400
Front axle $250
Rear axle $100
Frame/title $500 maybe

What you have now looks great though. Why not just LS swap it and call it good?

Or sell it and buy one with a decent body and bad mechanicals? You're going to swap stuff anyway, and the real value is in a complete running/driving truck. The one you have would fetch some $$.

Good luck with your sale though. Maybe you'll find just the right buyer who needs exactly this.

Are the locking hubs OEM Aisin? If so, I will buy the front axle complete hub to hub with tie rod and steering linkages for $250. I live in Portland and can come to pickup. Let me know.

I'd feel dirty parting that 60 out and I part out a lot of parts trucks...

That's just too dang nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom