For Sale 1986 Rust Free FJ60 350 TBI in Maryland - Price Reduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sadly selling my 1986 FJ60. Purchased two years ago from a MUD member. You can see their original post below. The prior owner was a much better photographer than me, so take a look. I have made lots of upgrades since so you can see the before and after. Just wish I was as good with the camera.
IMG_4311.JPG
IMG_4254.JPG

Trade - 86 FJ60 350TBI

For Sale - '86 FJ60 350TBI $16,000 Augusta, GA

I paid $13K when I bought it from him and have dropped about $10K on it since then. I am asking $15k for it now. Unfortunately for me, I have spent more time and money improving the build rather than enjoying the outdoors in it. Honestly I haven't had it in 4WD since I have owned her. It sits quietly in my garage crying to be driven more while my daily driver battles the elements outside. I need to sell it now before my wife divorces me over it.

Has a 350TBI dropped in it and it runs great. has a 3-4 inch lift on 35's, ARB rear lockers (with on board air compressor), 42 gallon tank, full floating test axle. 4-Speed manual + overdrive (basically has eight gears). She can easily cruise at 70mph. Push button start.

Since purchasing in 2016, the following improvements have been made (mostly by an experienced mechanic since I lack the necessary skills to do myself):

· All interior was removed. Original seats were rebuilt with improved cushioning and re-upholstered in marine grade vinyl. All door panels were redone in matching pattern/material. Honestly, they are beautiful. The guy who completed this work is a legend in Maryland and does many show-quality custom cars. My iphone pics can't do them justice.

· When everything was removed, I rolled the entire interior body in Noico 80 mil sound deadening mat (including doors). The car still isn't like your new 2018 sedan, but it did help quiet the engine noise tremendously and really improves stereo sound.
· New marine grade carpet that has been Scotch-guarded for added protection. It's brand new so zero stains.
· New tune-up with spark plugs and wires. All fluids replaced.

· New power steering box. A leak was disclosed when I purchased it, so I had to replace. This was actually replaced twice since the first replacement leaked as well.

· New air cleaner (I have the old if you prefer but I wanted her to breathe better).

· New hood louvers (see pics). These TBI's run hot so I wanted additional airflow. She also has an electric fan (temp controlled) installed.

· Brand new alloy black bullet rims + spare. Some people liked the steelies on it before, but I opted for the alloy. I think they look very nice.

· New starter. I have the old one, it works fine. Mechanic thought this new race car starter was smaller, packed more power, and could be installed in a better location to keep it cooler.

· All bumpers were removed, sanded, and re-dipped in Gloss black. They really shine. I also have the Hi-Lo jack and mounts but never reinstalled on the ARB front bumper.

· New headlights. Not LED but they are vast improvement over the stock lights. I did upgrade interior dome lights and reverse lights to bright LED's.

· New streaming media stereo (JVC), new small powered subwoofer under driver seat, and all new speakers.

· New ABS panels in rear with marine hatches and rubber tie down latches. I saw this cool upgrade on MUD and had to have it. You can see in the pics the shovel still has the label on it. I used ¼ ABS plastic as opposed to the 1/8 most used. It really is solid and could take a beating. In my opinion, a nice looking and functional upgrade.

· Several new LED lights on the back controlled by neat little toggle switches near the original license plate. Two mounted in bumper and two above the spare. These things really put out some light and are ideal if your camp is set up behind you.

· New professional window tinting all around. When I purchased the rig, the tint was turning blue and had some bubbles. It's dark now (as seen in photos), but legal here in Maryland. Front windows are lighter of course.

· New driver side window regulator.

· New Temp gauge.

Unlike many of you on here, I am no mechanic but just love the aesthetics of these beauties. I will attempt to answer any questions as honestly as I can, but I won’t be great with the technical stuff. Not sure how often the prior owners are on this site today, but feel free to ask them questions if you like. I can tell you the rig is rust free. My prior FJ62 was full of rust so I did not want to make that mistake again. I don't think I am open to a trade; however, I would contemplate looking at a 4-door Wrangler (obviously I'd likely have to come up with some cash as well). I know…trading an FJ for a Wrangler sounds sinful, but it might be the only fun car my wife will let me have again since she may actually want to drive it.

IMG_4257.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

Man I want to buy this thing just for the interior!
How many miles on the engine/trans and chassis?

yeah - the interior is sweet. Expensive but has that new car feel when you get in. Odometer reads 293k and the prior owner said 130k on the engine (though much of that prob wasn’t on this truck). Honestly don’t know about trans because the prior owners (that I spoke with) did not do the TBI conversion. Thanks for looking.

Haven’t turned ac on in a year but it did. I imagine it still does and will verify when I get home. Prior owner stated in his post that he had it recharged. I don’t use it. Actually, I only drive her on perfect days and even then it’s just 2-3 miles to get ice cream or something. Never even been out in the rain in my two years as owner.

If she is crying to be driven, make her your daily driver.
if it makes you sad to sell this truck, keep her.
if you trade this truck for another, make sure it puts just as big a smile on your face as this one has. The only vehicle i can think of that would do that is another Land Cruiser...just sayin.;)

Back from vacation and several requests for videos but I’m getting error messages when uploading. I’ve got a few short ones starting her, engine running, exterior walk around, and interior. If you’re an interested buyer, let me know I will email them to you. Sorry was hoping I could upload here but apparently 45 second iPhone videos are too large to send.

Yes I need to take some underneath. I will take them this weekend and post. Thanks for looking. Any questions, just ask.

Price Reduction - dropping the price to $13,500. Had lots of interest but no buyers yet. Would like to move on pretty quick so lowering the price. Basically get my $10k of upgrades for free! Also posting some undercarriage pics per request. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom