For Sale 1986 FJ60; Champange Bronze (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0934.JPG

The vehicle is sold for $8500

Attachments

• FJ60 sales summary.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I have been asked for more photos. Here are some. I can take pictures upon request.

003.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

Will go for a few more

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

The only rust that I have found is a bubble in a rear wheel well. I found it when I was prepping the wheel wells to apply Herculiner, which was something I could do myself. I cleaned it up as much as I could and rolled the Herculiner on. I like the Herculiner in the wheel wells because it actually releases the mud better than the galvanized metal. Also, the gravel does not cause as much noise. The lower part of the body has black Armorthane which was professionally done. There was not any rust on that part of the body but the paint was getting dinged by gravel. Hard to avoid gravel in Beaverhead County, MT.

Hello 4david: The price is $8500. It is in the FJ60 Sale Summary which is an attachment in the first posting

Someone asked if the Cruiser had a rear seat. Yes! I run with it folded down and the entire area is covered with a thick rubber truck bed mat that is cut to fit. I made it a 2-piece cover so that I could raise the rear seat if needed (rarely). I usually carry my Chesapeakes on a daily basis. (I got 98% of the hair out so far). I have slept in this rig several times when bow hunting. The upholstery in the rear seat is good and the carpet on the rear seat floor is also. The cargo area floor is intact as well. The carpet covering the tailgate is ragged around the binding on the edges. I had plans for one of those storage boxes eventually.

FJ60 Rear View 001.JPG

FJ60 Full Cargo.JPG

FJ60 Rear Seat Up.JPG

FJ60 Rear Seat.JPG

Someone asked for engine compartment photos so here they are. This 2F is still fresh. The photo of the dipstick shows a full amount of oil with good color after 1696 miles. I changed my oil last at 216476 and now it is 218172. I service the rig every 3000 miles and use Valvoline VR1 oil which still has some zinc in it which is good for solid tappet engines. I have not added any oil since I changed it and cannot recall doing so between oil changes since it was rebuilt.
There is not much been done to the engine other than (1) desmog with guidance from FJ40Jim (Jim Chenoweth). He set up the carburetor and the distributor for the desmog (2) a Jim C. idler pulley where the air pump had been, (3) an upgraded rebuild of the engine head with 0.050 milled off to give the compression ratio a little boost. This was done by Jim C. He polished the ports and installed larger Chevy valves and I think, springs as well, (4) When the engine was rebuilt, the camshaft, lifters and pushrods were replaced with new.
Please look in the file attached to the first post that is entitled FJ60 Sales Summary.pdf for price and details.

FJ60 Dipstick 002.JPG

FJ 60 Engine Compartment 001.JPG

FJ 60 Engine Compartment 002.JPG

FJ 60 Engine Compartment 003.JPG

What a great rig at a fantastic price. Sad to see you have to let this one go. I hope it goes to someone that will take great care of it!

Wow. I would come get this if the price was slightly lower. I used to live in Southwest MT as well. Unfortunately the drive home would put me over budget. GLWS Heartworm!

Full Disclosure Time. I responded to SoCal C4S earlier in this thread about rust. I described a small bubble of rust in the passenger's side rear wheel well; that statement was from my observation about 2 years ago. This area has grown to about 6 inches in length. It is a seamed area between the outer wheel well and an inner piece that goes up to the cargo compartment floor. I can put my thumb and fingers on each side of the problem area. I do not think that it would be hard to fix and does not involve the outer body. I apologize for my understatement about this; just not paying attention. My personal opinion about "rust free Land Cruisers" is that the only ones that truly exist are trailer queen show rigs that have very low miles.

Front interior photos. Here are some of the front seat and dash. The seat covers are Wet Okole and the driver's seat worn original upholstery beneath the Wet Okoles. The driver's seat bottom has been replaced by an Specter Off Road hard foam seat, which is very durable. The Dash Pad is cracked (of course). The good news is that I have another brown dash pad (also cracked) that goes with the sale. The new owner will be able to get a vinyl cover installed on it and swap them out. The spare has all of the air nozzles and with some swapping the result would be a new dash pad with 4 adjustable air nozzles.

FJ60 Dash and Frame 023.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 001.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 002.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 003.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 004.JPG

Screwed up again! The first photo of the dashboard series is actually the rust spot mentioned in the previous post.

Undercarriage shots

FJ60 Dash and Frame 007.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 013.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 016.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 018.JPG

FJ60 Dash and Frame 015.JPG

Screwed up again! The first photo of the dashboard series is actually the rust spot mentioned in the previous post.
Someone asked me about that hole in the frame below the rust spot in the wheel well. That is not a rust hole, it is a square opening that Mr. Toyota put in the frame during the manufacturing process. Not certain what the actual purpose it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom