1986, 4WD Pickup, Extra Cab parts needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on a Rebuild of a 1986 Pickup, extended cab, 4wd
Looking For:
Front Bumper Brackets. Tried the aftermarket ones and they are different need a set of stock. 2wd does not work nor does 1984 or 1985 4wd. 86,87,88 4wd 4runner or pickup should work.
Front Bumper upper filler piece- Aftermarket ones are out of stock.
I would also buy a complete bumper Painted or Chrome with the brackets and filler piece if you have one not rusted or bent. (I have one of those already) Not worried about the plastic end caps, those are still available

I am also looking for a Toyota rear step bumper. mine has dents and is rusting.
Tail Gate- OEM Single handle, USA .- Tried an aftermarket one and the hinges are junk and the metal was oil canned (wavy). Found one
Interior parts. Now I am really reaching for these.
For a blue interior
Need A pillar (windshield) plastic trims- Still Need Found some Blue/Gray ones good for temporary
and the Extended cab interior plastics still need.
I cracked mine taking them off.
I am located in the SF Bay Area and can pickup somewhat locally, after that I would pay shipping
Let me know if you have anything.
you can message me or post up here.
Thanks
Dave

Updated List of Parts Needed.

Last edited:
I'd look for literally any color pieces and then paint them. SEM spray rattle can paint is very close. On my 88, I removed every bit of interior plastic and repainted all of it. Granted, I sprayed grey over grey, but I had to do it because I put a dash cover over the horrible cracked plastic piece on the right side. It turned out very good. Might be a chance to change from the blue... unless you like the blue I guess.

I think I found 2 A pillar pieces in Blue. Just leaves the rest.
Was hoping to avoid repaint of the plastics. But at some point may have no choice.

Good luck finding Any plastic pieces that are in decent shape. I also have a blue interior and have been searching for the drivers side door card for months. If you find one, let me know!

A2A7AFF4-D2F6-4B15-8992-373DEF239A9B.jpeg

I've seen a few of the side panels and rear panels on eBay. They're usually "okay" - a few cracks, chips, etc. and always north of $350. It seems the plastic used for those panels simply had a 35-year life... if that. Even if you find a set in good condition, ya gotta wonder - when those panels are going to crack, crumble. I'd rather spend the money with an interior shop and start fresh with new material.

Currently in the same boat...
IMG_7016.jpeg

Also, as @msahr said, the SEM plastic paint makes restoring these old panels super easy. The kick panels looked like &$^@ in my '84 - dried out, faded, scratched... I just sanded them and shot them with a few coats of SEM
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 10.23.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Working on a Rebuild of a 1986 Pickup, extended cab, 4wd
Looking For:
Front Bumper Brackets. Tried the aftermarket ones and they are different need a set of stock. 2wd does not work nor does 1984 or 1985 4wd. 86,87,88 4wd 4runner or pickup should work.
Front Bumper upper filler piece- Aftermarket ones are out of stock.
I would also buy a complete bumper Painted or Chrome with the brackets and filler piece if you have one not rusted or bent. (I have one of those already) Not worried about the plastic end caps, those are still available
I am also looking for a Toyota rear step bumper. mine has dents and is rusting.
Tail Gate- OEM Single handle, USA .- Tried an aftermarket one and the hinges are junk and the metal was oil canned (wavy).
Interior parts. Now I am really reaching for these.
For a blue interior
Need A pillar (windshield) plastic trims
and the Extended cab interior plastics.
I cracked mine taking them off.
I am located in the SF Bay Area and can pickup somewhat locally, after that I would pay shipping
Let me know if you have anything.
you can message me or post up here.
Thanks
Dave
Dave,

When I lived in Colorado I went to this place in Denver. He had some items you might want, but you would have to go there in person to find it. He’s not very organized.

Saw this on FB not sure if it helps but here ya go

Screenshot_20220812-092747_Facebook.jpg

Updated the list. Found a nice chrome bumper that needs a little work on the inside. Chrome is good though and the brackets were straight. They bend easy. Bought another set of brackets only to find out they were bent as well. New bumper came with a descent filler piece as well so a bonus.

Interior parts are tough to find in good condition. Still on the hunt.

I didn't know toyotafiberglass had those Xtra Cab trim pieces. Thanks for posting that.

ALL my interior plastic was dust after sitting in the AZ sun EXCEPT the piece behind the seats against the back wall of the cab. It's in great shape and still very flexible. No cracks and it's blue. The carpet on it is worn. The netting is still good.

I wasn't going to worry about finding the interior trim since I'm building a crawler but my wife is wanting me to make it nice in the cab. It might be for sale or trade???

Check the lead time on those fiberglass parts... He told me it'd be at least a year when I asked. "down the road" might be the case regardless of your timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom