1985 Toyota Landcruiser 2L crank no start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I parked my 1985 Toyota LC 2L diesel inside the garage over the winter months and now cranks but won’t start. I am not so familiar with diesel engine so just need some guidance.

So far what i have done was have loosen the fittings on the injectors as i can’t find the priming pump on the 2L engine and crank hoping to remove any air. i have changed the fuel filter also but still unsuccessful to start. just wanted get some guidance what’s next to check before i bring it to a diesel . mechanic Thanks

Hello,

I parked my 1985 Toyota LC 2L diesel inside the garage over the winter months and now cranks but won’t start. I am not so familiar with diesel engine so just need some guidance.

So far what i have done was have loosen the fittings on the injectors as i can’t find the priming pump on the 2L engine and crank hoping to remove any air. i have changed the fuel filter also but still unsuccessful to start. just wanted get some guidance what’s next to check before i bring it to a diesel . mechanic Thanks
Did you try starting fluid? spray some in the intake, that should help.
You also need to check the glow plugs, clean them or replace them if they look black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom