For Sale 1985 BJ70 Land cruiser WA, USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I apologize that it has taken me so long to get this up for sale on the forum, but I finally have taken the time to do so. This is my JDM 1985 BJ70 Land Cruiser. I am selling it because I now own 2 Land Cruisers and I just don't need 2 of them.
It has the 3B Diesel and the H55 - 5 speed manual transmission. Engine, transmission and clutch are in great condition in my opinion. No leaks. Heater works excellent and this one also has AC.
My Land cruiser is a Japanese domestic market cruiser. I have a clean, clear Washington State title in MY NAME. No funny business and no extra paper work to fill out. I did that all myself back when I bought it.
This model has a full floating (virtually indestructible) rear axle, push button 4x4 (with manual locking hubs of course) and a factory PTO winch. PTO winch works great. Just tried it out the other day. No problems to speak of.
Everything works to the best of my knowledge. Not kidding. All lights and switches operate as they should and I have not experienced any weird electrical issues or gremlins of any kind. The only issues that somebody may not like are a few spots of rust. In my opinion, they aren't as bad as others that I've seen and they are not everywhere on the truck. Just in a few places. Frame is great. I have included pictures of the rust spots because I want to be honest.
The engine runs fantastically and I would be confident that the mileage is correct. Strongest clutch of any Toyota that I have ever owned.
I have recently checked and topped off all fluids, changed the oil and installed a genuine Toyota oil filter.
Additionally, I have installed quality Japanese steering rod ends (tie rod and drag link), a new OEM steering stabilizer and had the land cruiser aligned. A few weeks ago, I also installed new OEM Shocks all around.
Additionally, although the tires aren't the coolest tires, they ARE in good shape with plenty of tread left, so you don't need to go out and buy tires immediately.

I am asking $9,200, but depending on what opinions I get or how this goes, I am willing to talk. I am open to offers and as much as I love owning 2 Land Cruisers, I just don't need 2 of them. Thank you.
My name is Eli and I live in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle.

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Few pictures of interior...
full

full

full

full

full

I think I spotted you on market street in my troopy back in January. Nice 70!

63029208-BEFE-42E8-8149-FAC76465F6BE.jpeg

Some spots of rust and undercarriage. Sorry for some poor quality...
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Ha! Yep, @Redgrrr! That was me. I was scoping your troopy in my rear view mirror at the same time. I remember that day. I've actually seen you around town a few times.

I was there working from Dec-feb on my sisters house close to the intersection of 8th and 52nd. I actually found that Troopy up on phinney ridge about 7 years ago and have been harassing them ever since to let me buy it.

Finally made a deal in November before I came out there for work. I drove it everyday to work out the quirks before the 1,300 mile drive home to South Dakota.

Anyways sorry for the high jack and GLWS, that sure looked like a nice one!

Yeah! Ha! That Troopy was down the street from my place for about a year. I used to walk by it. My grandparents, aunts uncles and cousins live in Rapid City. I used to live there back in the day as well. I love South Dakota and the black hills.
Anyways, thank you. I hope somebody buys this BJ70 as well!

Not that my heckling is warranted, but that seems like a really reasonable price for the truck. Great for DD wheeler. Very presentable, nothing broken, but you wont feel terrible about a little fun and abuse. 5g less than an RZR, usable on road, and you'll get all your money back when you resell it.

Not that my heckling is warranted, but that seems like a really reasonable price for the truck. Great for DD wheeler. Very presentable, nothing broken, but you wont feel terrible about a little fun and abuse. 5g less than an RZR, usable on road, and you'll get all your money back when you resell it.

Yeah. Thanks! I think so too. I owned an FJ60 for over 10 years. It was rusty as hell, but I wheeled it everywhere and daily drove it to boot. And I loved it. Even with all of it’s rust, scratches and dents, it still turned heads. Personally, I think this one is way better than my FJ60 was, but maybe I’m biased because I’m the one selling it....heh

Yeah. Thanks! I think so too. I owned an FJ60 for over 10 years. It was rusty as hell, but I wheeled it everywhere and daily drove it to boot. And I loved it. Even with all of it’s rust, scratches and dents, it still turned heads. Personally, I think this one is way better than my FJ60 was, but maybe I’m biased because I’m the one selling it....heh

70's are like magnesium wheels for my track car. I want, an love to shop, but have no need. Not that i look every day, but I haven't seen one cheaper that was a driver and not a rusty basket case on its last owner. At least not outside of AUStoUSA, in which case you tack on 7-8G to get it to your door.

Sunday bump for price change. Dropping it $450 just because. Price is now $9,200 OBO.
Spent some time this weekend using the PTO winch and having some fun. It's really cool and works flawlessly. Almost makes me want to remove it from the BJ70 and put it on my HJ60. Heh

Hi Eli,
It's Greg from Shoreline, we talked via text a few days ago.
I'll take it! See you when you get back.

Greg, sounds great! See you then! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom