1985 BJ60 conv. rust free and loaded (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got to sell my rig pretty soon. I've got major home repairs to do and have had to choose between my dream truck and my house.

The chassis was an 1985 FJ60 with 159k on the dial. It is rust free and has only a few dings for character. It's powered by an NA B3 with ~220k and has an H55 5-speed to get the power to the wheels. Custom power steering and air conditioning, both of which work great. Interior in average to good condition.

It runs and drives awesome. It coughs a little smoke on a single glow in a cold start in cold weather, but smooths out very quickly. Starts clean and smooth on warm days or when using the block heater. Maybe needs new glow plugs.

Reconditioned rear springs, rebuilt primer pump, upgraded fuel lines, EGT guage, CD and MP3 player.

Have additional parts to include: mercedes seats, rear window motors, complete stock vinyl floor, FJ front grill, additional steering column.

I hate to see this machine go. I finally got it to where I love driving it. Ain't life a B sometimes.

I'm asking $17000. I might be up for partial trade offers, but I need a good sized cash infusion to get my roof, porch, and other things around the house fixed before they collapse. If your a licensed/bonded contractor maybe a partial labor trade.

PM me if you are interested.
Christmas 2007 083.jpg
Christmas 2007 086-2.JPG
Christmas 2007 088.jpg

Compression numbers:
All cylinders are between 375 and 410psi. Compression was tested before the fuel injectors were rebuilt. The lowest cylinder would likely read higher now that there is a good spray instead of a soggy drip.

Send questions or request more pix at ylexote@gmail.com

compression doesnt change when you fix the injectors... You have to turn the fuel off when you check compression on this engine or you will ruin your compression tester.

More info regarding the conversion like was it done by you or a shop, pictures under the hood, and interior etc would be good as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether the compression improved after the injectors were rebuilt is almost completely irrelevant since these compression numbers are awesome. If memory serves compression isn't out of spec until somewhere around 280psi.

Here are a few pictures of the engine:
cruiser details 018.jpg
cruiser details 019.jpg
cruiser details 020.jpg

I've got to sell my rig pretty soon. I've got major home repairs to do and have had to choose between my dream truck and my house.

the beautiful thing about landcruisers is they can double as houses!:grinpimp:

Aye Cap'n,

Living in the Cruiser almost works for me, but not for my pregnant wife.

The good news is I may have found an alternate source of funding for my home repairs and may be able to keep both my house and my ride! :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom