craigslist 1984 HJ60 - LHD Portland OR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Not mine, just more of an FYI for any potential buyers. I’m not asking for a pittyfest just more of a heads up.

It’s a great price, but should probably be towed home.

I inspected the vehicle. Did some due diligence prior to flying from Chicago. If anyone is interested in the cruiser the seller seemed to leave out a few key notes below:
-Does have rust along the gutters and there’s bondo
-Needs Alignment
-Brakes are extremely inadequate, pedal sinks to the floor, almost to the point where it’s basically pretty dangerous...

-some blow by (could just need a valve adjustment as CD mentioned)
-typical old 2H oil leaks

Good luck

CCDCC893-0DA9-46B9-987F-E99EC40052F6.jpeg

50789BE1-64F4-4860-A37C-6330B75E1C0C.jpeg

F682DF92-12DA-46AB-8600-3CE1197F0195.jpeg

Also out of state buyers, just Incase your state is strict this truck does not have a 17 digit VIN. Depending on your state it may be tricky getting it registered.

4B784B22-C5E0-4B95-8B24-14600B0EAB9B.png

Other things to note I forgot to mention

Alternator/battery light is on
Filter light is on
Tachometer doesn’t work
Oil pressure gauge doesn’t work, but does have an aftermarket gauge.

Last edited:
Good info. Thanks! Sorry it was less than transparent.

Another data point for SA trucks.

Also out of state buyers, just Incase your state is strict this truck does not have a 17 digit VIN. Depending on your state it may be tricky getting it registered.

interesting, I thought all vins after 1981 were 17 digit

interesting, I thought all vins after 1981 were 17 digit

Depends on the original market. My Middle East 83 has an old 40 series 10 digit VIN.

FWIW the DMV had far less trouble with the 10 digit vin on my 83 FJ40 than they did with the 17 digit vin on my Hilux.

Anytime, I just think there were some things that were left out unintentionally. My recommendation is to try to purchase cruiser from Mud members. Often yields the best results!

Last edited:
Anytime, I just think there were some things that were left out unintentionally. My recommendation is to try to purchase cruisers from a Mud members. Often yields the best results!
Did you call him out on these items that were kinda bad that he didn’t list in the add? Might help to call him out if he’s trying to get over on someone you know? Also thanks for all the info,we are well kept family that look out for one another or at least most on here try to be👍

I did for sure, just asked that they inform potential buyers,
Thanks for doing so....sucks if he’s really trying to slip some sh** by you know what I mean?....like what if some young kid wants his 1st land cruiser and this dude sells him a turd that needs more work than whats listed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom