1983 BJ60 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have decided to sell my dear friend, my 1983 BJ60. I bought it in Colorado in 1998 as a FJ60 but last year I swapped the 2F for a 3B diesel/5spd. This is a great running truck and i have driven it all over Canada and the U.S. It was previously titled in the U.S. so it will be an easy truck to get back over the border and titled once again. For the past nine years it has probably sat in a garage almost every winter and many months without driving it due to my travels or other vehicles to drive.

1983 Ex U.S. FJ60 255,000 miles
Diesel 3B engine/5spd/t-case 325,000km 1984
Used factory wiring harness for swap(had donor truck sitting next to this truck in the shop so i could use all factory parts)
OME 2-1/2" suspension kit(2001)
33x10.5R15 BFG M/T 70%
4:11 gearing
Front axle rebuilt(knuckle kit)
Stock chrome wheels
New 2-1/2" exhaust front to back(2006) (I went 2-1/2" for future turbo addition)
New headliner- SOR (2006)
Good interior
Body is in great shape
Does not include roof rack or windsurf board!
$11,000
new tires1.jpg
new tires3.jpg
new tires2.jpg

Last edited:
You've got a PM

Hi, Hows the clutch doing? Still driveable for a thousand miles or so?
Yeah the truck is very driveable. I was so used to the clutch that i didnt even think it was bad until i bought my new truck! No worries.

Holy smokes, that's a nice truck. Does it have a/c? What's your mph/kmph?
The truck does not have A/C. I am guessing that your second question is asking what the fuel mileage is???? It gets 23-26 imperial mpg at my location driving as I drive. I have a 25mile/40km commute to work everday(no traffic) on a very flat highway, however sometimes the wind can be strong.

If only it had AC. Texas in the summer is a bit brutal for no AC.

The truck is insured again and ready for some test drives. It has been parked since June when i bought my 3rd landcruiser! Driving it around again kinda makes me wonder why i am not selling the PZJ77....anyone interested!!!! If only i could keep all of them.

TTT

can you take some pics of the frame ?

Toynut: Yes I can. Any particular areas you are wanting other than the behind the axle??

When I swing back north to come home, Petzel, I'm going to be driving through Abbottsford. If that rig is still for sale then.....

....unfortunately for me, that date will not be until very early March. That nice rig surely will have found a fine new home by then. Good luck!

Alaskan Ranger: if it doesnt go to a good home before March...stop for a coffee and we can chat!!

PM me your contact data if you please, Petzel - that way I'll have it in some find-able location. Whenever I'm rattling around the Western Hemisphere for a few months all h*ll breaks loose with my computers and address books and what all, so I never know or remember who I was supposed to meet up with where about what...let alone when!

Ranger

do you have any interior shots? any rust? how far from seattle are you?
interested,
nick
nickandjen@hotmail.com

Abbotsford, BC would be 2 hours north of Seattle. Quite a pleasant drive in fact...if you can handle homeland security!

I sent you some interior photos via email. The truck does not have "rust". However it does have "rust" due to the fact that it is 24 years old and it is a Landcruiser! It has no holes, no issues of rust, just chipped paint rust and probably rust like every vehicle on the road! The body and frame are in excellent condition and i would not have any problem selling this truck to a friend. Too many Cruisers...one has to go! (and I seem to be very attached to my BJ42)

Cheers

Scratch 1st Question

I just read the thread on importing a vehicle from BC.

Still I would like to see interior Picks.

Thank You

Hey guys...still for sale. it is currently a daily driver. I just need to slim down the fleet!

pmed you !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom