1980 2F engine rebuild BVSV questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm currently mid rebuild on a 2F engine and I am having a lot of trouble with BVSV's. All the ones I had were broken and I am trying to find ways to fix them or purchase new ones. The issue is I cannot seem to figure out what the correct part number or temperature range for them is. I have gone through all my manuels and a lot of forum posts on here and was hoping someone might be able to clear it up. I found the following diagram which lays out the color of BVSV's I should be looking for:
IMG_3477.PNG

This shows that I should be looking for a light blue, violet, and pink BVSV.
So far I have had some trouble with the part numbers though. The violet seems to be 05035. The blue seems to be 05046. Can't seem to figure out what the pink is. The other issue is that I can only find 05047 for the light blue, but that seems to not have the correct temperature range. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for now or where I should go to look for them. The other thing is that what I have on the engine right now are as follows:
IMG_3475.jpg
IMG_3476.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg

It has a 05035 in the middle and two 05017's top and bottom. I can't find the temperature ranges on these, but based on the diagram those two should not be the same. Should I fix those and use them or find something else?
Here's a picture of the full system to show the broken nipples:
IMG_3478.jpg

Any help figuring this out is greatly appreciated, thank you.

The thermostat housing is incorrect for the 2F 1980-1987... the top bvsv is non-existent.

Out of curiosity what is that thermostat housing correct for? Cali regs, high altitude?

Out of curiosity what is that thermostat housing correct for? Cali regs, high altitude?
Good question; I do not know. Kinda baffling, actually. In Colorado, do you need to pass emissions?

I would recommend getting a plug for the top of thermostat housing and continue on with the two on the lower half of the thermostat housing.

Not in my part of Colorado, those on the front range do from my understanding. I ended up finding the BVSV’s I needed and just decided to go ahead and put it together how that diagram above says. Wish I could figure out why that’s on there though, looking at new thermistor caps for all years, none of them have that top one, but some used ones do.

A 1979 both Cali and Federal spec. What is the build date on your 1980?

Compare the vacuum lines to the sticker under your hood. Also worth purchasing an emissions manual if you plan on keeping all the smog equipment.

Hello, I'm currently mid rebuild on a 2F engine and I am having a lot of trouble with BVSV's. All the ones I had were broken and I am trying to find ways to fix them or purchase new ones. The issue is I cannot seem to figure out what the correct part number or temperature range for them is. I have gone through all my manuels and a lot of forum posts on here and was hoping someone might be able to clear it up. I found the following diagram which lays out the color of BVSV's I should be looking for:
View attachment 3250011
This shows that I should be looking for a light blue, violet, and pink BVSV.
So far I have had some trouble with the part numbers though. The violet seems to be 05035. The blue seems to be 05046. Can't seem to figure out what the pink is. The other issue is that I can only find 05047 for the light blue, but that seems to not have the correct temperature range. I'm not really sure what I should be looking for now or where I should go to look for them. The other thing is that what I have on the engine right now are as follows:
View attachment 3250014View attachment 3250015View attachment 3250016
It has a 05035 in the middle and two 05017's top and bottom. I can't find the temperature ranges on these, but based on the diagram those two should not be the same. Should I fix those and use them or find something else?
Here's a picture of the full system to show the broken nipples:
View attachment 3250017
Any help figuring this out is greatly appreciated, thank you.

all things BVSV aside for a moment

i offer this and these , its a modern approach that does have it's perks ..... :cool:

100% TOYOTA OEM japan Spec. parts .....fyi

1676697520944.png

Last edited:
A 1979 both Cali and Federal spec. What is the build date on your 1980?

Compare the vacuum lines to the sticker under your hood. Also worth purchasing an emissions manual if you plan on keeping all the smog equipment.
Ah that explains it, it’s a late year 1979, but was sold and titled as an 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom