1979FJ40 vacuum line connections (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some detailed pictures -- I'm finishing up the restoration of a 79FJ40 and yes, I have "found" all the emission gear and have refinished/installed most of it successfully and even rebuilt the original Aisin carb without any known mistakes (lucky) -- all runs reasonably well but I can't see enough detail on the factory emission manual or SOR web site, etc. to tell which of the numerous soft vacuum lines connect to which hardline location --if you've seen the original "spaghetti" set of hard vacuum lines hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Two areas mainly of question - one end that "points" toward the driver inner fender which connects all the vac lines from the VSV, etc. that are mounted on the inner fender -- there are 9 hard lines. The second area is in what order do the three vac lines from the valve cover side of the carb connect to the vac hard lines?? Some detailed pictures would be a tremendous help - hopefully some one else is crazy enough to have done this or maybe still has an intact originally equiped 1979 or early 1980 FJ40 that can send some pics. Thanks folks.
Tom

Poser, thanks for the tip and I already have the book and it does help a lot for most all the routing question but even those diagrams don't give enough detail in the two areas I listed above. Just hoping someone has their truck intact and can send a few detailed pics.

My manuals for the 60 series show these tubes and have them numbered and described pretty clearly. I do not have a '79 specific emissions manual, but will look at some of the others, and see if there is anything that may help out... That vaccum line maze is a fun time!

Good luck!

-Steve

Way to go Otis!

:beer:

From my FJ60 (should have took pictures of the new lines :doh: )

The other end at a carb - very hard to see...

Hoses? yeah I got stinking hoses.

about 40 feet

thank goodness for digital cameras, makes reassembly so much easier.

Steve, Pismojim and "Otis my man!" you guys are lifesavers -- the pics are a great help. :cheers: After reviewing the factory manual again (10th time at least) I did find one diagram that provided some guidance on the soft lines from the HAC back to the hardlines --amazing what you can find if you read closely :doh:

Otis, if you have some additional pics of the same area shown in your first photo but taken from the front looking at the firewall and from the carb side looking at the inner fender that would be great.

Once I get this mess of hoses hooked up I'll post pictures for you guys to see -- that is if I can ever find out how to adjust my camera so as take a digital picture with the file size small enough to post on this board.

Thanks again and keep the pictures coming.
Tom TLCA member

PS - I hope to be driving this weekend after 16 intense and $$$ months doing a frame off restoration....truck goes back to paint shop on Monday for final buff out and installing the window glass. Again, thanks!! :beer:

I think 79 is not quite the same as 80+ I know the book is different.

but here are some pics of the passangerside crap-ola
25322501.jpg

25322521.jpg

25322525.jpg

31617529.jpg

so if a 60 is the same, then this is correct. Didn't post em before because I thought(and still think) 79 is different.....might not be much however. If this works I have detailed carb and other pics.

Let me know if you need something. I have a '79 and a crappy digital camera. I haven't posted a pic yet either so that could be a challenge in itself.

I thought there were differences, so Jims 60's stuff will not be correct either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom