1978Left side window regulator BJ40 help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well Jeremy unfortunately the window regulators you let me try are for something 1975. The handle doesn't fit the spline . Toyota says they're discontinued. Now what boys?
Do your magic and help me find one. I need a driver side. Part number 69-80290303.

Try emailing beno and see if he can find one.

Well Jeremy unfortunately the window regulators you let me try are for something 1975. The handle doesn't fit the spline . Toyota says they're discontinued. Now what boys?
Do your magic and help me find one. I need a driver side. Part number 69-80290303.
I thought you had a 1975? Do they fit otherwise? What about a different door handle?

I didn't try when I tried to fit the handle. If it lines up should I get a 75 handle for a 40 Or a pickup handle a 45 I think.

Got a hold of beno his oem was 140.00 including shipping for just the Driver side. So I went with Spector both doors plus handles 88 plus shipping.
My budget dictates go there.

With the shipping, you might be there anyway

Specter has some good stuff, and some aftermarket stuff that is not worth what you paid. Hope that you get good parts. Sometimes you'll end up with OEM parts; I did once or twice.

With parts form @beno - you will get Genuine Toyota parts that willl fit and perform exactly as you would expect. @beno will also make sure that you know about the additional small parts that are required for a job - information that the Specter parts diagram wont tell you.

Jeremy do you know whether the regulators were oem or after market? Here's a couple of pics. Notice the stock one has a beveled spline.

20170830_101028_HDR.jpg

20170830_101122_HDR.jpg

just by looking, I would say not oem.
It should have a Toyota or teq logo on it somewhere

You need the bevel to get the handle back on. the retaining clip probably wont go back on without it.

I agree. These were for a 1975. So I ordered 1978 from Spector. They come with handles so they will fit. Worse case send back and be no will get me an oem unit. Costly lesson but we'll see. I could grind back the bevel to make it fit.

I have no idea if they were OEM, but would assume not since they did not arrive in a bag that was tagged with an OEM part number from Mr T. I'll grab them back from you soon; my truck will need replacement regulators before long.

Well the Spector regulator works like a charm. Now I need to know the trick in getting the rag joint installed. Do I have to remove the steering column to get it off the spline?

Hey Jeremy, I'm going to cars and coffee with the bj so I will bring your regulators with me if you come.
Let me know.
I was planning to hit Cars and Coffee after I get the 40 back from @Trollhole ; looks like I'll have it back in just over a week! This weekend I have to hit the books. If you need them out of your garage, let me know. I've been wanting to drive my 40 down there to see the place anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom