Registering a 1977 BJ40 in SC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day group, has anyone registered a foreign 1977 BJ40 in SC? I have no problem with the import, just wondering if I can successfully register it in SC. I am a SC resident.
Thanks all!

Last edited:
I am bringing a 1987 FJ62 in currently. I was just at the DMV today getting the list of needed documents. Are you the current owner or purchasing and importing?

I can send you the list and documents tomorrow.

I am not an importer, so do your research to verify what I’ll send.

Where are you located?

Last edited:
It shouldn't be a problem as long as all the paperwork is there.
SC is one of the easier states, I believe.

I am bringing a 1987 FJ62 in currently. I was just at the DMV today getting the list of needed documents. Are you the current owner or purchasing and importing?

I can send you the list and documents tomorrow.

I am not an importer, so do your research to verify what I’ll send.

Where are you located?

Thanks, yeah I live in Costa Rica. Obviously a ton of options here... I'm looking at BJ40's plus 1999 and older 70 series troopy's. I would purchase here and have it shipped back -- I have all of that taken care of. My only concern is registering it so I can actually drive it in the States :)
That would be great if you could send me the list and documents, I would really appreciate that!! Again, I am a SC resident with a SC drivers license.

Thanks, yeah I live in Costa Rica. Obviously a ton of options here... I'm looking at BJ40's plus 1999 and older 70 series troopy's. I would purchase here and have it shipped back -- I have all of that taken care of. My only concern is registering it so I can actually drive it in the States :)
That would be great if you could send me the list and documents, I would really appreciate that!! Again, I am a SC resident with a SC drivers license.
“Forms Required to Register Vehicles From Other Countries” Lists Documents you will need to provide. Note the Translation document certification if the Title and Registration are not in English. Supervisor at SCDMV went beyond the Translation form to say she also wants documentation for the employee the Translator works for. Not on the form but she did say that.

Good luck.

Attachments

• CBP Form 7501 - Entry Summary.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
  • EPA Form 3520-1.pdf
    207 KB · Views: 18
  • Form HS-7 Declaration Importation of Motor Vehicles.pdf
    452.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Forms Required to Register Vehicles From Other Countries.pdf
    44.1 KB · Views: 18
  • SCDMV Form 4030 Translation Document4030.pdf
    349.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Forms Required to Register Vehicles From Other Countries Lists Documents you will need to provide. Not the section about Translation if the Title and Registration are not in English. Supervisor at SCDMV went beyond the Translation form to say she also wants documentation for the employee the Translator works for. Not on the form but she did say that.

Good luck.

Excellent, thank you so much for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom