For Sale 1978 FJ40 in NJ 83k miles $36,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
I have a 1978 FJ40 with 83,000 miles for sale

DSC_0058 (1).JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

Last edited:
Oh i see the deal this is. I know smurf isn't the first choice of many - but having dug DEEP into cruisers - as many on the forums have - this is a great platform to work with. You can go total stock (yes!) or modify to your hearts content (cool, but not AS cool as stock, ha!) Good luck with this one. I'd jump on it if I wasn't buried in my 78 and had a 60's 911 on my mind.
hmm... I think Smurf is the choice of most

Update , truck was delivered to body shop to have all repairs done, will be reassembled with new upholstery, new dash pad, the custom wheels and hubcaps, new mats , newly reupholstered jump seats, powder coated jack and rods set, tool kit, new stereo, new OME lift springs and Bilstein shocks, 4Plus rear carrier with Yeti rack and cooler, new OEM bumper, New Fuji carb (non USA no emissions) OEM air cleaner, and intake horn, Euro mirrors, City Racer LED headlights, new OEM tailights, new OEM turn signals. Priced accordingly, I will post results when done

Last edited:
Post a price per forum rules. This is a classified thread...not a build thread with no pictures.

@MoJ - please review this thread and either move it over to the general 40 section or delete it. It's not appropriate in the classifieds.

I will never understand why people "upgrade" cruisers just to sell.
GLWS
No serious buyers in as is condition despite low actual miles, little rust. I got two serious buyers who wanted turn key trucks , so here we are. And I have a lot of NOS parts so once painted it's easy to complete.

If I may... you really should close this thread and start a new one that begins with a completed, ready-to-sell 40... with a realistic price, pictures of everything, from every angle and a clear and succinct narrative about what you are offering.

I’m not saying you don’t have a realistic price, I’m merely saying your ad comes across as a con, by a used car salesman... it’s way too difficult to discern exactly why your 40 should be considered seriously, especially at $30k.

There’s generally a reason why no one seems interested and it’s frustrating when potential buyers have to beg for information, price and pictures.

GLWS

Is this a build thread or for sale thread lol, I thought this sold?

Truck is painted, coming to my shop tomorrow. Amby doors and hinges, roof side panels are all repaired and going to paint this week. The roof cap goes to the painter once my parts are out of the booth. PS box came yesterday from WTOR. So now the assembly starts.

Body work is done , assembly begun. New birfield seals and front brearings, OME springs, Bilstein shocks, center pivot bearing rebuild, rebuilt mini truck box, heat shield, New OEM bumper, new Fuji carb to replace the Holley and reinstall the OEM air cleaner , CCOT seat covers for the jump seats, CCOT seat belts, Tuffy console,

I'm in NNJ and interested. Can you make one post with the current specs of the truck with updated pics, etc. It tough to follow this build/sale thread. Thx.

I'm in NNJ and interested. Can you make one post with the current specs of the truck with updated pics, etc. It tough to follow this build/sale thread. Thx.
Good luck, you can see my post #71, above.

You can also see that 2 months later, the seller continued posting his build thread instead of actually responding with anything of value.

This thread was created on March 3, 2019 and he has continued treating it as a build thread for 2+ years.

He seldom responds to any questions or requests for clarification.

There are plenty of ads by sellers who sincerely want to sell the vehicles they advertise.

This isn’t one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom