For Sale 1977 (MIX) Land Cruiser FJ40 Soft Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(255, 179, 0)
Back in 2012 I bought a Land Cruiser with intensions of redoing to a V8. A friend of mine had one years ago, and so this caught my eye next to the road. Needless to say, I should have done a little true searching of what is what when it comes to the FJ40. The PO told me that he restored one and sold it, this was his hunting rig. Body is rust free however when he redid the Cruiser the lip around the tub was cut off and metal was just welded to top squared off. The back where the doors should be is all one piece. After going the site and really looking into them I knew I didn't want to dump a lot into it because of a few issues along with tub...When my brother in law came up to do an axle rebuild for me (New Shackles, Bushings, Shocks etc), the perches were never aligned true. He did the best he could to get aligned but he said it would never be absolutely true without taking the perches off and redoing. If I were to do that I'd go back to SUA. The power steering after seeing a few comments on the right way to do it and the easy way out, needless to say the support was cut to connect steering gear. I've done other stuff and try to stay with Toyota Parts when I can. Brakes are all good, New master cylinder, new cups and lids, emergency brake holds me on a hill can't say for sure of the life. Front axle done No leaks, Greaseable shackles, New aftermarket carb, Valves just adjusted, Compression check done at 16 across, New fuel pump (15 pressure) runs smooth, no popping, nice in time, starts great, New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and module (Accel distributer), New radiator (3 row), hoses fresh when I did radiator. Tranny/Transfer Not sure, they shift nice and all engage so they are working. Guages are original and has a white illumination as the black was pretty faded, but all work. Heater, defrost all is in working order. The radio area has been cut for aftermarket, Sony Xplod with cd changer, 6 inch bazooka sub and 100 watt amp I think, 2 Sony 6x9 rear (new). SCS wheels times 5. 16inch, spare is an all terrain as the others are MT Baja MTZ. Bilstein shocks. The year has been determine as 3/77 2F 139864, I can't find the numbers on the frame as it has been undercoated and didn't want to mess with it. Bumpers are welded not bolted, spare tire is part of the hitch. Led lights, Top is a Best Top with snaps, There are a few faded areas of thread problems where the doors latch. It does not leak and is pretty solid top. Ive always garaged it, drove spring, summer, fall, and few days in winter, but no ice no snow, and no hard rains. I've taken care of it considering there is a lot of hodge lodge going on. I'm moving to Mission TX October 2020 and I need to get rid of as we have 3 other vehicles and we are going to store the Toyota Solora convertible and drive the other 2. I'm not really wanting to part it out at this point but reasonable offers will be thought on. I live in Creighton Nebraska, I might have a means to help with some travel and we can definitely deal price with picking up. if you have an iPhone I can give ya a hearing of motor , but I did just have my mechanic adjust everything for this reason of selling. I have other parts, complete original distributer, weber carb, factory 77 carb, rear heater, front heater, intake manifold, original blinkers, factory door mirrors, and a few odds and ends. Color is a Caterpillar Yellow. Feel free to call email or message, 4026418057, markymo22@yahoo.com for more photos and or any info. Thanks for reading and viewing. I'm starting at 5000.00 and like I said pick up or me trying to find a way to get it to ya, Ill work with the price.
L6teSPeESdq0SqG37zp+Pw.jpg
O4+n1S4nRM62ljBwCz34Ug.jpg
XndlkvdZSVyLgM9iuMI4lQ.jpg
SlJYxKFZTMSOY0KzKXPNMA.jpg
0E0M6Gh3THi78KGlJgCy%g.jpg

Can you post more pictures?
I went to apply more pictures and it wouldn’t let me so that’s why I put my number, so I can txt more to whomever.

B20EA0EA-90C8-4430-8B4E-3091B97DE123.jpeg
FC54FAA4-26D1-4C9D-B80A-D9322A9A322A.jpeg
8008BB98-625A-4807-BE12-F2443E2FA28C.jpeg
2D82A407-A324-45F8-841A-9B9858A4F26A.jpeg
4F571394-0055-4E64-A4C7-56D837BBD621.jpeg

Sale is pending May 2 2020.

Shame. I was digging your build thread.
If something goes wrong I’ll let you know, but Scott seems like he in 100%.

It looked like a lot of corrective work, but it’s still a cool rig.
Yes there was, I enjoyed my time with it, and learned a lot. When financial is better I’d like to look at the 60 series. A little smoother and more room for wife and dogs.

Yes there was, I enjoyed my time with it, and learned a lot. When financial is better I’d like to look at the 60 series. A little smoother and more room for wife and dogs.

Dang you! I was contemplating selling my 80 and getting a 40. Maybe I shouldn’t for the same reasons you are looking at a 60.

Sale is pending May 2 2020.
SOLD. Thanks Scott.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom