SOLD 1976 FJ55 Front/rear lockers V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i am thinking about selling my Fj55 I bought it from InkPot(a member here on Ih8mud) I rode in this truck when I was 8 years old and 30 years later I ended up buying it from John( I had forgotten about the ride I took in it 30years before until my mother reminded me about it(she worked at the same place John did)

Anyways it’s a 1976 Fj55 on 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR Kevlar , it has a brand new 350ci small block chevy with with a few mods, cam edelbrock dual plan intake manifold, mild cam shaft . The engine was installed by Classic Automotive Gold in Tempe Arizona it was a GM performance parts long block that Joe and Mikey modified for me for a little more low end grunt..

Engine runs Great and cruising at 65 mpg I get nearly 15mpg, this may be thanks to the 2 speed Ranger box mount infront of the factory Toyota 4 speed transmission into the factory Toyota transfer case..

The diff have mechanical lockers I am not sure if they are Aussie or some other mechanical locker, I am not sure.

It has 4 wheel discs brakes with help from 80 rear discs.

Power steering..

The front axle shackles have been reversed, onboard air compressor from I believe a Volvo semi truck with an air tank on the front bumper with standard airline hook up and another air hookup insid the cabin of the truck..the pump will inflate my 35’s fast than I can deflate them before the trail..with the engine idling you can run air tools and it even has enough CFM to run air sanders ,nail guns , air ratchets and impact drivers. It is such a nice thing to have on the trail..

I will add more to this post along with pictures as it comes to mind.. I am not in a hurry to sell $7,500

I would be open to trading for an 80 or 100 series landcruiser..could possibly be open to a 62 series..

Last edited:
Good luck on your sale, but if it doesn't complete for any reason, please get in-touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom