For Sale 1976 FJ40 in west TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
1976 Toyota FJ40, V8, 4-speed manual, power steering, front disc brakes, and a 6-point family roll cage. The truck has a shackle-reversal kit in the front and anti-inversion, extended greaseable shackles in the rear, which gives the truck a modest 4 inches of lift and a very smooth ride. No cancerous rust. The diamond plating was added to prevent rust in rear quarters, not to hide it. The truck runs very strong and is very reliable. When not raining, it’s my daily driver and smoothly cruises at 70 mph on my commute. Personally, diamond plating and all, I love this truck. I drive it as often as I can. I wish I lived in the mountain west where I could 4 wheel it often. The only reason I’m trying to sell the truck is because I found the 40 my dad owned in the 1970s for sale and that truck has a lot of sentimental value.

I'm offering this 40 on the forum for less than posted on CL and FB. The price is $15,500.

Here are the specifics:

Engine – Chevy 350 4-bolt mains crate motor with about 65K miles on it, new Comp Cams Xtreme Energy cam and lifter set for a 4-wheel drive (I can provide the cam’s specifics for anyone interested), Edelbrock 600 cfm carburetor and Performer intake, new alternator, new high volume water pump, new radiator fan, new high volume Melling oil pump, new power steering pump, new distributor, new plugs and wires.

Transmission and transfer case – Chevy heavy-duty SM465 4-speed transmission with granny gear low mated to stock Toyota transfer case through a plate adapter that puts the transfer case in the middle of the truck and the driveshafts at about stock lengths. The tranny and transfer case were recently taken down cleaned, bearings inspected, and new seals and gaskets installed. A transmission shift cover rebuild kit was installed. New fluid was added to both the tranny and transfer case. New throwout bearing, heavy-duty clutch disc, and pressure plate just installed.

Driveline – new u-joints on front and rear driveshafts, both differentials were drained and fluid replaced. Rear brakes shoes and drums were recently replaced. There is an Aussie locker in the rear differential. 33x12.5 BFG Mud Terrain KM1s (about half of the tread remaining) are mounted on Eagle Alloy rims. A new full size spare is mounted on a matching rim.

Interior – 6-point family roll cage, 4-point harnesses for all seats, electrical wiring harness recently installed, Autometer Sport-Comp gauges all work, new upholstery installed throughout, new family bikini top, gas tank is new, new gas lines installed. The inside of the tub has been bedlined to prevent rust. The swing out carrier for the spare tire, high-lift jack (new), and jerry can or cooler was homebuilt. This swing out carrier still needs a little grinding and paint. I've been too busy working on my 55 to polish up this last detail.

There are a bunch of specifics in these details that I could go over. Basically, the work was done very well using excellent parts. The truck has been garage-kept by the previous owner and me. I have a clean TN title.

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom