SOLD Sold -1972 FJ55 86K original miles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1972 Fj55 in original paint with 86000 original miles.
I have done the following since I bought it:
Titled in my name
Sandblasted and painted wheels
Installed some good tires
Fires right up and yard drives
Repaired drivers door hinge
Rust repaired fenders
Repaired rear window to fully operate
Cleaned up wiring terminals and made sure everything works
Found original wiper arms and blades
Needs exhaust and brakes gone through.
I intended on keeping it as a original paint survivor and bought a parts Fj55 And used original metal for rust repair, when I could.
Lots more cool details like original jack and jack hanidles, engine hand crank and has original headlights
Thanks

View attachment 1786193

5E89CB4E-079E-4BE0-8CC6-165A507F7031.jpeg

8343D857-20FB-4EC1-88ED-8C6437332E32.jpeg

44DF8B1A-3F31-4107-9B0D-5F0BF5D2F09E.jpeg

7E04D2F1-A922-49C5-8E94-EADB756416F3.jpeg

Last edited:
I looked at this pig today and wish I had the room (and wifes ok) to buy it. Pics don't lie on this one . Solid, runs, good glass, only surface rust minus one small patch in passenger floor. Work done by Ben so far is quality. Best 55 I've seen under $10k. Just sayin because I've seen a few that look good in pics then you go to see it and...

I can second what RyanP said. I've been looking at it as well. The low mileage, fair price and potential of this pig make it darn tempting.
agreed-- considering flying up an inspecting after the holidays. been on the look out even though this is a little far from me, appears to be great option for me

Ben,

I love it!!! Great work!! Whoever gets this will be getting a solid PIG. Thanks for helping to keep these things on the road!!!

Matthew

So much want...glad you are so far away so the temptation can be overcome....

Great looking FJ55. I have seen far worse for far more $$.

Good luck, and frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't sold already.

Front floors have had some quick repairs... Passenger floor is solid with a patch in corner and the drivers floor has multiple patches and will eventually need to be replaced.

9BEA5461-C529-42BF-B447-967128ECFF4E.jpeg

A83F2507-80A7-4A54-BC19-BB4A1099C45B.jpeg

Last edited:
What is that you painted it with? Is it just white paint or is that some sort of rust inhibitor?
Rustoleum cheapie stuff that was applied with a shop rag. The floors are amazing in this piggie, but the fronts, in particular the drivers front need work.
I will eventually pull the front seat and rubber mat and address them correctly with metal replaced and POR and paint.
I have a plan to keep working on this project with exhaust and brakes next. The price will have to go up to reflect the work.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom