For Sale 1969 FJ40, N.E. Oregon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1969 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40: 4x4, 1F inline 6 engine, 3 speed transmission, Warn 8274 winch. I have owned the truck for approximately 5 years and bought it from the previous owner, whom owned it for 10 years. In those years I have had to do very little other than drive it around and it has been very reliable. Has never left me stranded. The engine runs well with no major ticks or noises. I put $600 into getting the winch operating properly, including having the electric motor rebuilt. Has an Old Man Emu 2” lift that rides hard. The 235/85/16 Goodyear Duratracs are at approximately 90%. The rear diff has a Lock Right locker in it. Has an MSD ignition. Has headers and a good exhaust. Aftermarket roll bar. Front and rear heaters both work. Has LED tail lights. I believe the carb is a Weber.
This truck has a very solid body on it. It has been repainted at some point in the past from the original white to its current green. The repaint was not a good one originally, but after a few decades it has come into its own. While the paint is faded it has the patina that is quite popular these days. For a 40 with an old paint job this truck has surprisingly little rust. The floors, which have been lined, are solid, as is the rear sill. There is one small hole in the bottom of one door and some surface rust here and there. You can still see the factory spot welds on both sides, top and bottom.
What it Needs: I would change all of the fluids as it is overdue on that. One of the blinkers periodically does not work (I am guessing a ground issue). The headliner is falling down in the corners. I have never been a fan of the aftermarket gauge cluster and would replace with a factory unit. I don't trust their accuracy either. There are no rear seats. Brakes pull to the drivers side when pressed hard and need adjustment. There is a slow leak coming from the clutch slave. Front seat material has some holes.
The truck will come with a few spare parts. There is some miscellaneous factory Toyota weatherstrip, 2 spare driving lights, new door pins and bushings, shifter knob, miscellaneous oil seals and u joints, service manuals, wiper blades, tow bar, and original side steps.
Overall, this is a very presentable and drivable 40. It will not go 80 mph on the freeway or stop on a dime or take corners at high speeds, so please understand that this old truck is more like a tractor than a Tacoma. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to drive this truck on a long drive as long as the speeds were slow. I would classify this 40 as a very reliable daily driver in a hard to find condition. If you are looking for a clean 40 that you can tinker with on the weekend and drive to work during the week, this is it. Has a clean Oregon title. Send an email to akrosey66@yahoo.com with your phone number if interested. Locate in La Grande, Or. $14,000 OBO.

P1010550.JPG

P1010554.JPG

P1010552.JPG

P1010562.JPG

P1010570.JPG

New price: $12,000 OBO. Will keep adjusting price until it is sold. I am willing to bedline the body and add diamond plate corners to facilitate sale.. ;)

Best of luck with the sale and it looks like a great rig. If the tub is really solid with mostly original metal, the stock axles (drum brakes), 3-speed drive line, and F engine, I am thinking you may have to be around the $8k neighborhood to generate some interest. If there is an abundance of bondo under the paint it be more like the $5K neighborhood, probably. This is all in my opinion of course, based on a value if it was here in Wisconsin.

New price: $12,000 OBO. Will keep adjusting price until it is sold. I am willing to bedline the body and add diamond plate corners to facilitate sale.. ;)

goall62,
It’s a Pretty good looking Cruiser out there in eastern Oregon where you’re at. Please take my advice and DO NOT bedline or rhinoline the tub inside or out; and DON’T Diamond plate rear quarters. Trust me, it will in no way increase your resale value, but only decrease it. It would be a waste of time and money for you. Your floor pan looks fine on this one, at least rear bed visible. When buyers see rhino line and diamond plates they can get weary of what is potentially being hidden underneath. The closer you keep the Cruiser to original the more it’s worth, the more you take it away the less it’s worth.
Best of luck!

Multiple people have been asking for some of the same photos, so I thought I would post them here instead of multiple emails. Also, people have been asking if it would drive across the country and I dont know the answer to that. The rig is mechanically sound and has no known major issues. That being said the truck is 50 years old and doesnt like to do interstate speeds. Im sure a thousand mile trip would bring any mechanical issues with the truck to the fore. If you are prepared for an adventure, I think it would be doable. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom