1965 fj40 front brake hose question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1965 fj40 and am converting it from a single master cylinder to a dual master cylinder. The flexible hoses are kinda weathered. i know that they use a 9mm fitting on the hard line end. The end that goes into the brake cylinders are those also 9mm? Or can i take new flexible hoses and then just convert them to 10mm? And then just run all new lines?

Thanks for your help and input

Matt

Hey matt, Yes, you can use a new flexible hose and convert them to 10mm. That is actually recommended so your system will use only a single type of brake line fitting. Plus your new master cylinder will use 10mm so you would have to make a transition at some point.

In my thread, I converted to a dual master cylinder with a brake booster/ all 4 wheel disc brakes/ new lines/10mm fittings. It is not the hardest thing in the world, just a little time consuming.

So just to clarify the fitting that goes to the brake wheels cylinders is 10mm to 9mm on a 65 fj40. And if i use a new flexible brake fitting its 10mm into the brake wheel cylinder to 10mm is that correct?

My wheel cylinders are all brand new for a 65 fj40

Thanks

Matt

The fitting that goes into the wheel cylinders is 9mm, all the fittings on a 65' should be 9mm for original equipment. If you use a new flexible brake line, you would need a 10mm to 10mm, then an adapter to go from 10mm to 9mm. I do not believe that there is a 10mm to 9mm flex brake line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom