IH 1964 IH 1Ton (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mount for my second alternator, it used to be built above the smog pump holes. Now I've got it next to them, so the hood won't hit it. Not as much belt contact now. A bigger pulley will give more contact, but I put this on so it will spin faster and make more power at lower RPMs. Will have to test it to see if it's enough contact to drive it under load.

I've had this stuff sitting a couple years now, to make an on board shower/hot water source. I searched then for ideas of how to set it up. I don't really remember, will have to look again. Anyone know of a good source, or have their own experience with it?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
I put the bigger pulley on to see how it looks.

The wipers havn't worked since getting this thing back together, I've been troubleshooting. I pulled the switch up so I could check that it was doing what it's supposed to do, it was. Power wasn't getting out there for the park wire, fixed that yesterday. Still wasn't working, tried a different switch and no change. Put a ground jumper from one of the wiper motor mounting bolts to the throttle clamp bracket on top of the head, no change. Checked to see if the motor body made the test light light up, it didn't. A friend said that would tell me it wasn't grounding. I took the motor, wires, and switch back out and went to the bench with it, it works. I'm ready to try putting this strap from body to engine, but wire wheel the spot on each end first. If that doesn't work I'll run a jumper wire from the battery to the switch, maybe it's not getting sufficient power.
image.jpeg

Took it on its maiden voyage, pretty happy overall. I still had to pop the hood to keep the second alternator out of the hood on uneven ground. A few times I dropped a front wheel in a hole and had the rubber up against the fender, I havn't trimmed them yet. The others were trimmed, but I kinda like the body lines the way it is. A buddy suggested flexing it to a point short of rubbing, then building a limit. There also was a klunk noise when flexed I havn't identified yet. The good news is the doors closed and stayed closed, the heater worked good too.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sweet.:)

I finally got the oil pressure gauge working. Changed the gauge, wire, and sender. Probably didn't need to change the wire. It reads right around the middle. It only has L and H, no numbers.
image.jpeg

While running.
image.jpeg

I wanted to look at doing bump stops before IHWR. It's not lifted in this picture. I had the fenders trimmed before, and the wheel would go all the way into the wheel well and rub paint off the firewall. This over flexing would break leaf springs occasionally too, so this might solve a couple problems.

Lifted without a block on the Jack.

With a block. The log is 17-1/2" tall, and the tire is a few inches above it.

I still want it closer before building the bump stop, I don't know how I would get it any higher safely. My son and I are going camping in an area that has big rocks. We can take the truck instead of the Travelall, and use a rock to set it. Then take a measurement.

Last weekends trail self clearanced the drivers side fender. Not in this spot, going up the other canyon.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom