Ford 1940 Ford Coupe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have wanted a 1940 Ford Coupe since I was in my mid teens. I recently got one to build how I want!

It is just a shell, so it's a blank slate.

Plans are for a somewhat "traditional" build, with some modern touches. It will retain a solid front axle, but way lower than stock. The engine will be an old school flathead V8 (49-53 8BA). Transmission will be a T5.

In tha past few months I have been learning to do body work with hammer and dolly for minimal use of filler. This has divided my attention between Cruisers and the Hot-Rod, but at least the FJ40 has a garage partner. For those that know. Yes the grille is 1939 Deluxe, but I have a 1940 Standard to replace it. The body is 1940 Deluxe, and the hood is 1939 Deluxe/1940 Standard. Someone thought it would be fun to shave the drip molding on the driver side too, but it will be reinstalled when my skills allow.

Gonna be FUN!!
005 (600 x 450).jpg
008 (600 x 450).jpg
garage 004 (600 x 450).jpg

Congratulations! You gonna put 3 Stromberg 97s on top?:p

Congratulations! You gonna put 3 Stromberg 97s on top?:p

Actually I am looking at the new Edelbrock 94's (basically a new version of the old strombergs). Since initial purchase I have acquired some really rare Evans heads and a 2x2 Evans intake for my Flathead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom