For Sale 19" Electric Fan with DCC Variable Speed Controller and Wiring Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
elec-fan-01.jpg

elec-fan-02.jpg

What you see is what you get - plus some. :D

This is a "turn-key kit" to install an electric fan on just about any vehicle that currently has a 20" or larger mechanical fan.

Comes with a Delta Current Control FK-50 Variable Speed Controller that will ramp the fan speed up and down as the coolant temperature dictates. Fan will be OFF until minimum temperature is reached before even turning on at all.

Fan is a VERY desirable Ford OEM 19" fan with shroud. This is a higher CFM fan than the ones on Taurus because this was for a V8! The fan employs a ziel-abeg type design that is very quiet and extremely efficient. OEM = DEPENDABLE

I have all wiring, radiator temperature sensor, fused power link, and wire loom for complete install. I put the DCC controller in a Radio Shack "project box" to both provide protection and to "disguise" it so that it doesn't stand out under the hood.

This setup was in my 2000 Land Cruiser for nearly a year without the first issue.

New, the Fan Controller with temp probe is ~$160 with a 3-4 week wait. The fan is nearly $300 new. The project box, power fuse, wiring, loom, etc adds another $40, making this approximately $500 new.

What will you need to install this? I would recommend some hand tools to remove your old mechanical fan, remove the OEM fan shroud, and to attach the power and ground wires on your truck in addition to some zip ties to secure the wiring out of the way. Once you remove your OEM shroud, you can use screws, zip ties, and possibly some aluminum bar stock (as fabricated brackets) to mount this to your OEM shroud. I simply used two pieces of 1/8" thick aluminum for "spanners" about 6" long and some heavy zip ties to mount this. Once mounted, you slip the temperature sensor between the fins of your OEM radiator near the bottom, slide the fan shroud (w/ elec fan attached) into it's original position, and connect the power and ground. Last step is to simply plug the fan into the wiring harness and crank the truck to test it out.

Looking for $250 for the complete package, plus shipping. If you don't send certified funds and want to use paypal, I will add 3% to the total to cover their fees.

Last edited:
Any offers before it goes on other forums or eBay? (no lowballs, please)

Maybe this will help you sell it:
Maybe post pics of how you mounted it, how it performed and why you are removing it.

(Plus i'd love to see it mounted)

SOLD!

I'm not sure. It was an eBay find... It was listed as a Ford V8 application, but I don't know which one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom