17x9 steelies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if anyone makes a 17 x 9 steel wheel like the steel ones that Toyota makes. I want to run 37’s but can’t due to the stock width.
57583F6A-ADC8-4B48-A4EA-07DEDF5F6B4E.jpeg

Have not seen any with that many holes, we sell the Battleborn steel beadlocks (8 clearance holes vs the one you posted with 16), but they are a totally different deal.

edit: and have been looking for them too

I talked to battle born and gatekeeper wheels and probably won’t work for me. It’s a daily driver and not DOT rated. They are really nice though.

Exactly. If you are able to track down anything like what you are looking for, please post up here! I've been looking for the same for my personal rig.

I talked to battle born and gatekeeper wheels and probably won’t work for me. It’s a daily driver and not DOT rated. They are really nice though.
DOT approved means they spent the money for testing and got a stamp. Most beadlock wheels will be much stronger than any production DOT approved wheels due to the design.

DOT approved means they spent the money for testing and got a stamp. Most beadlock wheels will be much stronger than any production DOT approved wheels due to the design.

DOT wheels also don't need retorqueing and maintenance (at least anything like a beadlock), AND, when you get in an accident, you don't get immediately blamed for everything for having non-DOT approved stuff.

Only re torqued my beadlocks once after installed, never needed again until next set of tires. Removal and install tires is a breeze and can be done by myself without machine.

when you get in an accident, you don't get immediately blamed for everything for having non-DOT approved stuff.

This^

All other arguments will all likely loose in court. But if your truck is 1000lbs over gross vehicle weight a set of real beadlocks won't be your worst problem if you get in an accident.

The Battle Born Wheels guys are local to me and are friends of mine. They put a set on my 80 a year ago. Zero issues, never retorqued them. Definitely recommend! Plus you can’t beat the price.

AA0C5B03-7C62-4C39-9091-3B0572321A12.jpeg

You can run 37’s on 8” wheels no problem. I run SS trxus 37’s on stock alloy wheels in every sort of terrain. In fact I have never run a wheel wider than 8.5” and that was with 39.5x 13.5 iroks. Trial Ready and Raceline both sell 17x8.5 and these are the wheels racers use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom