17" steelies w/ dog dish caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats a great looking 40!
Mine was originally white from the factory long before i bought it 2008.
So please review details on the wheels and tires. Thanks!

Here you go. More photos in the “Iron Yak” thread and “what have you done“ thread

View attachment 2492950

Thats a great looking 40!
Mine was originally white from the factory long before i bought it 2008.
So please review details on the wheels and tires. Thanks!
Thank you. It has come a long way.
City Racer 16 inch steelies, Caps from Cruiser Corp, 255/85/16 Toyo open country MT.
I love the look and the ride. I was really surprised at the effect this combination had on steering. I do not have PS Steering went from being difficult to easy. Left front tire does rub the steering rod. I’ll have to either work with it or consider solutions in the future.

What tire did you have prior to give you the improvement on the steering?
Here's mine as it sits today.
40 done front side by barn.jpg

Thank you. It has come a long way.
City Racer 16 inch steelies, Caps from Cruiser Corp, 255/85/16 Toyo open country MT.
I love the look and the ride. I was really surprised at the effect this combination had on steering. I do not have PS Steering went from being difficult to easy. Left front tire does rub the steering rod. I’ll have to either work with it or consider solutions in the future.

What tire did you have prior to give you the improvement on the steering?
Here's mine as it sits today.
Very Nice. Love that color. It previously had Yokohama Geolander AT 31x1050x15
So no change in width but 2-3 inches taller

I have a plan to add the spring clips to a set of FJC wheels... in theory it should work no problem. I like where you are heading with this.

I have a plan to add the spring clips to a set of FJC wheels... in theory it should work no problem. I like where you are heading with this.

I have been considering doing this same thing. Please post up your results. I am not going to get to this part of my project for a while.

Any updates on this FJC wheel w/ a hubcap?
No update for me.
I'm not convinced I want to spend this much coin on tires and wheels just to change appearance when my current situation looks pretty good and rides good too.
Maybe the itch will resurface.

The 74 Surfwagon has 17” FJC Steelies with added OEM caps...

E5BF96E9-2C2E-40BA-8CE4-5C595D2BBA93.png

I was just reading this thread - looking for new wheels/tires. What are those wheels and tires? Look great.
They are 17" steel Allied beadlocks. I dont recall the model name and dont have my receipts with me. They have been great on the trails and on the road for 12/13 years, zero leaks.

My experience with 15 and 16 inch wheels. I am really happy with City Racer 16" wheels. Check out page 5:

My experience with 15 and 16 inch wheels. I am really happy with City Racer 16" wheels. Check out page 5:

you might have convinced me. That $440 shipping cost is troubling me.

Not to hijack this entirely, but does anyone have suggestions for a 16" steel wheel that will fit a 1966 FJ45?

My new to me FJ45 came with white 15" 'wagon wheels' and nice looking BFG AT 31x10.5 tires, but the date code is either 1984 or 1994 (!). I have some 235/85 R16 BFG ATs from my Tacoma which I could use, but need 16" wheels. The City Racer ones look great, but a little too much $ for this truck.

Any reason I couldn't use something like these:

16x6" wheel with 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern, 3.5" backspacing and 108mm bore. They seem to meet the specifications and are cheap.

These very similar wheels were suggested in another thread, but don't seem to be in stock anywhere:

I don’t see any way the trailer wheels will have a bore that fits over 4X series hubs. It’s tough to guarantee many OE Toyota steel wheels will have a center bore large enough.

The bore ( I assume that is what they mean by 'pilot diameter') on the Dexstar/etrailer wheels is 4.27" = 108mm. My Warn M47 oil can hubs measure at 105mm diameter, so it should just clear. My current wheels also appear to be 108mm bore, is that some sort of standard?

Anyone know what the bore is on the stock wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom