17" steelies w/ dog dish caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently running perfectly good 17" BFG KM2's on Allied beadlocks. I want to go with the classic fj40 gray steelies with the dog dish caps but I'm struggling to find this in 17" and being able to mount the dog dish caps.
Is anybody running 17" that is remotely close to this pic? I am trying to avoid having to buy new 15" tires.

FJ40 steel wheel.png

There are two main options for stock rims, purchase the 15" OEM rims or 16" rims by city racer/ 16" rims by FJ company:

The other option if you need to go 17" is more of a custom route. some people have purchased smoothie rims from wheels vintiques, then purchased the clips and welded/ bolted them on. Just a warning, the clips are expensive.

Another option in this thread if you didn't want to use the clips:

There is the "Analog HD" wheel by Fifteen52, that fits the look and is 17", BUT would require some clever solution for the caps.

Just thinking out loud lol

edit: There is also a company in japan called Flex that makes aluminum versions with caps...not sure on sizes or specifics though...

Thank you for the feedback!
So it looks like if I want it I'm gunna have to pony up.
I could just look at it like I will have 2 sets of wheel and tires, street and crawling.

There are two main options for stock rims, purchase the 15" OEM rims or 16" rims by city racer/ 16" rims by FJ company:

The other option if you need to go 17" is more of a custom route. some people have purchased smoothie rims from wheels vintiques, then purchased the clips and welded/ bolted them on. Just a warning, the clips are expensive.

Another option in this thread if you didn't want to use the clips:

If you can find a 17" that accepts smoothie type caps you can mod something up like this.

Recently purchased 16 inch grey steelies from City Racer, will be installed tomorrow. They are expensive just as the FJ company wheels are. I didn’t see purchasing used 15 inch steelies and having them powder coated as the local PC shops wanted 150 per wheel. CCOT sells PC 15 inch steelies for around $900.
I look forward to seeing your decision.

F8C325F8-DCF0-432B-B061-0ECE6D70EDD3.jpeg

Will you do a center cap?

Recently purchased 16 inch grey steelies from City Racer, will be installed tomorrow. They are expensive just as the FJ company wheels are. I didn’t see purchasing used 15 inch steelies and having them powder coated as the local PC shops wanted 150 per wheel. CCOT sells PC 15 inch steelies for around $900.
I look forward to seeing your decision.

View attachment 2487906

Are they the classic center cap?
Will you modify to fit the 16" wheel?

Yes. Purchased from Cruiser Corp. Free shipping over $100. The big brown truck will be delivering them next Tuesday

Thank you.
I've Cerakoted the hubcaps to tone them down a bit.
1123.jpg

The wheels are 17"X7" with a 3.5 backspace.
More info in my build thread with part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom