Builds 16 TRD Pro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spent the day yesterday whipping around in the snow in my 60 and 80. Today I grabbed the TRD Pro for a ride with the new Toyo AT3

Man. This thing is a snow/ice beast.

I can't believe you have a build thread for this truck too...

:lol:

I was pretty stoked about my first one. Bored to death with this one but I don’t see what I’ll replace it with

Defender or a Bronco. We need you to flog some POS vehicles. :lol:

My next vehicle will be something that can tow a trailer, non-US and not a pickup.

No idea what that will be.

new or used?

I have a specific window of
Age and purchase cost of vehicles that qualify for my company reimbursement. If there was not a cap on the MSRP I’d just suck it up and buy a 200 bit it’s over the limit

I could get a 90,000 freaking Ford pickup because they base price of them is way under the limit. They don’t look at the options.

I’m hoping the next Gen Sequoia is not a bulbous whale maybe

Closing this fantastic chapter of Cruiser ownership by replacing the 2016 Pro with a 2019 Pro.

The only real changes the 2019 have is Fox v Bilstien shocks.

My purpose all along was to hand this truck down to my daughter but she has taken my built 100 series and won’t let it go.

The Retail book value of my Pro is a whopping $35,000 with 123,000 miles on it. Thats only about a 25% loss over 30 months. Incredible resale value so this one will be going to another family.

Debunking a few myths with this long term test:

The stock TRD Pro suspension is not good.

False. I’ve put this truck through it’s paces during my ownership. Many, many off road miles and it rides just as good as new. It soaked up everything I threw at it. Also, after I removed my sliders, winch and roof rack the truck returned to 1/2” of the height of a new truck. Superb suspension. Period.

Toyota quality is not what it used to be

False. The only thing I did to this truck is replace the brake pads and the battery. Zero issues. No rattles. Tight as the day I took it off the showroom.

The 4.0 is too slow

Man, it is what it is. I only added about 400# in mods to mine. That’s was intentional as to not overload the stock suspension and the drivetrain. I personally never needed more power ever.

I tracked my MPG monthly as this was my work vehicle.

With mods and same size as stock tires, I averaged 17.5 mpg.

This month as I pulled the weight off it popped back up to 18.9 mpg. Not bad.

Testimony as to how much I love this truck is that I am replacing it with the same truck. I’ve never bought the same vehicle back to back. That’s boring.
Well, there is not another vehicle that will fill my needs as does the TRD Pro 4Runner.

I give it a 5 out of 5.

View attachment 1820259
I also have a ‘19, in total agreement with all of the above.
1667666828344.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom