'14 LX Washer tank, drain +20 and refill w -25 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought a Houston 2014 LX570 and brought it up here to co. I know it has +20 washed fluid, need to swap to -25 stuff.

Is there and easy way to drain the reservoir so I can swap fluid before it snows this weekend?!

Yes, just keep pulling the stalk... jokes aside, I've used a turkey baster. But maybe there are easier methods.

Bought a Houston 2014 LX570 and brought it up here to co. I know it has +20 washed fluid, need to swap to -25 stuff.

Is there and easy way to drain the reservoir so I can swap fluid before it snows this weekend?!

Find a Jeep on the freeway. Spray away. You can break in the blinker fluid with hazards while you're at it.

It's important that it's a V6 or lower end Jeep. That has no hope of retaliating.

Make sure you also cycle the rear wiper and headlamp washers or the higher temp fluid will stay there and freeze solid.

Ask me how I know this..

You don’t need to completely drain the reservoir.
Just use up enough (by spraying it) to add some of the -25 stuff. Colorado rarely sees negative 25F. You will be fine with the mixture of the two fluids.
I regularly do this for my vacations in Telluride.

Frankly, this also worked for my drive to Alaska last February.

Find a Jeep on the freeway. Spray away. You can break in the blinker fluid with hazards while you're at it.

It's important that it's a V6 or lower end Jeep. That has no hope of retaliating.
Uh....wut??!!😂

This is the first time I'm hearing of washer fluid that's specifically meant for positive temperatures. I've only ever used -40C fluid year round.

What does the +20 fluid offer vs. the -40C fluid?

This is the first time I'm hearing of washer fluid that's specifically meant for positive temperatures. I've only ever used -40C fluid year round.

What does the +20 fluid offer vs. the -40C fluid?
Really? In CA/TX and I'm sure many other southern areas they have +20F fluid, here in CO they sell -20F and you use -40C(F as well!). Different climates have different offerings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom