12HT Oil pressure relief Spring and valve part number ( Filter houseing) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@David*BJ70 @Gengis Did you ever get to the bottom of sourcing the relief valve and spring from the Oil FIlter housing? Chasing my High Oil pressure (>160psi) I found a worn Timing cover relief, then thought to check the Oil Filter relief just in case and found someone had tossed the original components and replaced it with the spring and valve from the timing cover.

If i had dimensions I could even machine a replacement...

The main oilpump spring and valve are still available from Toyota and ther is also an aftermarket one which is aparently longer and assists where the bore of the valve sleeve is buggered. this sleeve was fine on my engine, so just a new spring and valve from Toy. My problem was low pressure after a rebuild andf the problem was a wealsh plug on an oilway behind the timing cover which was put in place but not driven properly into place. I still never found a part number for the oil relief valve and spring on the oil filter housing.
G

The main oilpump spring and valve are still available from Toyota and ther is also an aftermarket one which is aparently longer and assists where the bore of the valve sleeve is buggered. this sleeve was fine on my engine, so just a new spring and valve from Toy. My problem was low pressure after a rebuild andf the problem was a wealsh plug on an oilway behind the timing cover which was put in place but not driven properly into place. I still never found a part number for the oil relief valve and spring on the oil filter housing.
G
Thanks, I turned my worn valve 180deg so it’s hopefully running on an unworn surface as a test and it improved (lowered) the peak oil pressure but I’ll order the extended valve.

Apparently the oil filter relief is to relieve the pressure from the cooler. Someone appears to have jammed the timing case valve and spring in there, so need to make the call on leaving it in or out while I chase down a 2nd hand one...

@David*BJ70 @Gengis Did you ever get to the bottom of sourcing the relief valve and spring from the Oil FIlter housing? Chasing my High Oil pressure (>160psi) I found a worn Timing cover relief, then thought to check the Oil Filter relief just in case and found someone had tossed the original components and replaced it with the spring and valve from the timing cover.

If i had dimensions I could even machine a replacement...
Plain answer… no.

I still have up too 100psi when I rev the engine at cold start.

Note that I change the valve and spring with OEM and then, the valve for a longer one and all this change absolutely nothing.

I simply pay attention of my shifting point for the first 10-15 minutes of drive and it is all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom