12H-T Oil Pressure Gauge Non-Op (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Hoping for some guidance on what else to look at. The oil pressure gauge on my '88 HJ61 with a 12H-T hasn't worked in some time. The needle just lays at the bottom. Just installed my second, and a correct Toyota branded 24v unit and still nothing on the dash gauge. Reset the ground wire just to be sure. Still no reading.

Thoughts on where else to look? I haven't found an fuse specific to the oil pressure switch.

Thanks all!
Ryan

Hey guys,

Hoping for some guidance on what else to look at. The oil pressure gauge on my '88 HJ61 with a 12H-T hasn't worked in some time. The needle just lays at the bottom. Just installed my second, and a correct Toyota branded 24v unit and still nothing on the dash gauge. Reset the ground wire just to be sure. Still no reading.

Thoughts on where else to look? I haven't found an fuse specific to the oil pressure switch.

Thanks all!
Ryan
the fuse would usually be labeled gauge fuse.

have you verified your wiring is good from the point of the gauge to the oil pressure sensor have you done a continuity test?
have you tested your oil pressure sender?

1686689435429.png

Thanks for the lead V.

I have a brand new sender installed (83520-60020). I have not tested via the light method, I'll need to find a 3.4w bulb.

The only fuse in the fuse box that would be close is labeled "Engine"....and all my other gauges work....unless there is a relay/fuse on the wiring harness elsewhere?

It's my second 'brand new' unit...so I'm ruling that out.

Still chipping away at it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom