. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TNFZJ

Low Speed. High Drag.
GOLD Star
Threads
Sorry for the poor quality. Is the first photo the same engine as the others.

9DA46AE5-01C3-4CC9-BA4D-D03F714AB4FE.jpeg

5074B812-DA80-4FCC-8C39-9BB51BE32749.jpeg

55FE3C15-C73D-4169-9AF8-F54590C9D8BB.jpeg

60FEE5DB-AB55-4C7D-8F91-88F9ACBB042B.jpeg

The first photos is my 1996. Are the other photos also my engine or are they different.

Looks like it, the only other engine used in the 80 (stateside) is the 3fe and it's way different.

Looking for a replacement?

How are we supposed to know that lol. I think they have a number stamped on them, only way to know is to compare

Are you asking if they are both a 1FZ-FE?

Unless someone meticulously decided to replicate the same engine stand with the same grime and snap-ring placement, I'd say these are the same engine. What's really going on here? Trust issues with your mechanic? Given the engine is already out, the term "already pregnant" comes to mind.

The valve covers are different. Yes? the second photos were sent to me by someone supposedly working on my engine. My engine is the first photo. Please help.

The front of the valve cover near the wires. The edge is different. Also the power steering reservoir is a different color. Am I crazy?

The engine in your top picture appears to be missing a truck in the lower photos. All else appears the same to me.

Not the same engine or truck. Look at the color of brake booster, sticker on windshield, ps res, many things different. does not even look like same location and back ground.

You not giving us enough info...are they rebuilding your engine or putting in a used engine?...that last pic is a different engine...that power steering reservoir is different than on the first pic for sure...

It's the same truck. There's a distinctive whitish splotch on the firewall in the centre right that matches. Lighting, and the kind of messing around under the hood that happens when removing an engine can explain everything else I see that looks a little different. As for the engine itself, you can barely see it in the first picture. No idea. It would be one hell of an elaborate ruse if someone was staging it though, and to what end?

The first photo is my 1996 fzj80. The second photo is supposedly my engine pulled out
that is suppose to be getting a head gasket.

The definitive test would be to check the engine numbers. It's stamped on the engine block. Not sure where on that engine but it's somewhere. If you haven't done an engine swap, the engine number should match the one for your vehicle. In Australia we have a compliance plate that shows the engine number the vehicle originally came with, and it's listed on the registration paperwork. Does that happen in the US? Of course, this is only a good check if you know for sure an engine swap hasn't happened in the past, or if you know the new engine number in this case.

EDIT: Actually, maybe it's not on the compliance plate, I might be mis-remembering that. At any rate it's on the rego paperwork.

How recent is your provided reference picture? Years ago? or the day before you dropped it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom