120 series cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just noticed the description under the International Cruiser Tech is "for the 7x Series, 9x Series, and 120 Series Cruisers, including their Diesel BJ/HJ brethren". The 120 series is sold in the US as the Lexus GX470. It is not exactly like the Prado, but most of it is cosmetic. Once there are a lot of GX470 owners out there, IMO it is probably more appropriate to move the 120 series to its own forum.

What does everybody say?

Dave

I say "INDEPENDANT SUSPENSION" RALPH!

See ya. As much as I love Toyotas, those damn things are Toyota SUBURBANS!

Worthless!

TB :banana: :beer: :doh:

Dont know about "worthless', I have been quite enjoying my IFS 90 series [pre 120 model] with nice on road manners, nice offroad manners, adjustability of standard suspension adjustment after lifting, superior offroad ride for our wheeling, and nicer, more accurate steering.

It has a winch for the 2% of places live axle might go where IFS wont, but with more clearance on 285's than my last live axle cruiser had on 36 swampers, I havent found that 2% as yet....

But them alot of forumites make the mistake of thinking not outside what they do, and compare everything to what they do, not what can be done, or what is available to be done.

daz_rockon.jpg

I was just having fun. Of course they arent worless, but I'd buy an older straight axle before I'd buy a new ifs rig.

TB :doh: :banana:

[quote author=HZJ60_Guy link=board=21;threadid=12487;start=msg116073#msg116073 date=1078537686]
I was just having fun. Of course they arent worless, but I'd buy an older straight axle before I'd buy a new ifs rig.

TB :doh: :banana:
[/quote]

I had had enough of playing with live axle, apart from portals, and was feeling a bit "been there done that", so, I looked for something that would offer a bit more challenge, and that not alot of people had played with yet.

If I were building a comp truck, I would go live axle for hard core, but not for doing hwy miles, and touring around with the odd "boys" trip like the current vehicle.

[quote author=beanz2 link=board=21;threadid=12487;start=msg114491#msg114491 date=1078343257]
I just noticed the description under the International Cruiser Tech is "for the 7x Series, 9x Series, and 120 Series Cruisers, including their Diesel BJ/HJ brethren". The 120 series is sold in the US as the Lexus GX470. It is not exactly like the Prado, but most of it is cosmetic. Once there are a lot of GX470 owners out there, IMO it is probably more appropriate to move the 120 series to its own forum.

What does everybody say?

Dave
[/quote]

Dave, good idea. In the USA the new fourth generation Forerunner is the same vehicle as the USA Lexus GX470. Only difference is the sheet metal and the $$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom